Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 AM

Default Upcoming Webinar (5/9/12) on HD Native features Sean Halley

I wanted to mention this for a few reasons. This is a webinar on HD Native, and some people have had lots of questions on how that works, so this will be helpful.

Also, they are using a band called Firehouse, which features Sean Halley on guitar.

But additionally, from watching the 2 minute preview video about it, they will have very useful info about recording in general, mic placement, etc., and this may be helpful to some people, even if you're not interested in HD Native itself.

You can register here, and it will be available to watch afterwards (about a week later) as well:

http://forms.avid.com/forms/Tracking...0140000000U3Kz

Note: I know Sean Halley works for Line 6 now. This may have been made a while ago. Or they may have simply wanted to use his band. Either way, it's nice to see him do his stuff.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Upcoming Webinar (5/9/12) on HD Native features Sean Halley

I saw the clip with Sean. He had one of those Line 6 tube combo amps next to his Mesa cabinet. Also, I thought Firehouse was the name of the recording studio in Pasedena?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 PM

Man I love HD|Native, even though I havent got it yet for my system

I'll definitely be checking this out
Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM

I know you had talked about getting it. This should be very helpful in seeing how they use it in a musical setting.

It seems like most of their videos lately on HD systems have been oriented towards Film/Video/Post.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I know you had talked about getting it. This should be very helpful in seeing how they use it in a musical setting.

It seems like most of their videos lately on HD systems have been oriented towards Film/Video/Post.
If you can manage to get it, do it. I couldn't recommend it enough. The solid ultra low latency and sound quality at 96k is something to experience.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 AM

Anyone else catch the Webinar?

I got in late and had to bail early, so maybe something crazy happened while I was gone, but from what I saw, it was ok, nothing groundbreaking.

It was disappointing that they didn't use an Eleven Rack for the tracking, but instead used a POD HD This is an Avid video right? Maybe they broke out the 11R after I had to roll, but I didn't see one. Maybe it was the only way they could get Sean to do the video if they let him use the POD HD that he is endorsing these days. The guitar tracks sounded great don't get me wrong, I would just have liked to see our orange box in that session, even if it was just for bass.

I'll have to catch the replay so I can see it in full.

For those of you interested in HD|Native or just want a good Pro Tools based video to watch, you have to check out the Frank Filipetti webinar that was done a few months ago. It was the best Avid webinar that I have ever witnessed
http://apps.avid.com/hd-native/
Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 AM

It was ok with the exception of the streaming sync issues! The tracking of the session's stream was totally out of sync with the players! LOL They will post it in about a week and it plays again later tonight. Toward the end of the month they'll post part 2 with someone famous (forget the name) mixing this very session and providing his tips on doing so. They said his mix of the track was just amazing! :)
Old 05-09-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer27 View Post
It was ok with the exception of the streaming sync issues! The tracking of the session's stream was totally out of sync with the players! LOL
Yeah that was unfortunate, but they said once they upload the entire video they will fix the sync issue.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Correct, the sync issue will be fixed when they upload it. It was pretty amazing to see Sean with his Line 6 products doing a Avid video. All I can say is that he still must be highly regarded at Avid! The song they tracked was even written by him (Superman)! :)
Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Mike Shipley. One of the greats. I'm definitely looking forward to part 2. These seem to be more of a Q&A overall. The final edited video will probably be the one worth seeing. Some of the more common questions I get asked myself didn't really get answered as I hoped they would. I'll try again in round 2.

Shane
Shipley! Very cool!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 6800k
Win 10