Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM

Default I cant open Pro Tools 9 Please help

[:'(]I just bought this recording computer so i can record playing guitar and vocals . Its all set up on the computer. The owner gave me everything already installed except for a Interface which i bought from Guitar Center. The interface is Scarlett 2i2 Focusrite and i installed it but the when i try to open Pro Tools 9 its gets stuck. The window keeps saying " The Selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please Choose another audio device". I dont know what im doing but anything will help. Can someone help me I spent a lot of money on the computer and i cant get the main thing i bought this computer for PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU.

System: Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel R

Pentium R D CPU 3.40GHz

3.41 GHz. 3.00 GB of Ram
Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Default Re: I cant open Pro Tools 9 Please help

Did you install the driver for the 2i2 interface? Hold down the N key while Pro Tools is starting and select the 2i2 as the Playback Engine when the playback engine fueling appears.

If you have no idea what you are doing with Pro Tools you really need to open the documentation and read things and work through some if the tutorials and sample sessions.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you install the driver for the 2i2 interface? Hold down the N key while Pro Tools is starting and select the 2i2 as the Playback Engine when the playback engine fueling appears.

If you have no idea what you are doing with Pro Tools you really need to open the documentation and read things and work through some if the tutorials and sample sessions.
I downloaded the cd the interface came with, but it doesnt come up to choose
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 PM

ok it comes up now showing Focusrite USB ASIO Driver and another one to choose Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver but when i choose either one its still stuck on the window saying The Selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please Choose another audio device
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM

The drivers on the CD that came with the interface are likely very old. Try downloading the latest drivers here:http://global.focusrite.com/usb-audi...-2i2/downloads and give it another try.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcruz View Post
ok it comes up now showing Focusrite USB ASIO Driver and another one to choose Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver but when i choose either one its still stuck on the window saying The Selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please Choose another audio device
As suggested install the latest driver (for your OS). You do not want the "ASIO" driver, select the other one in the Playback Engine Dialog

Follow the written instructions for installing the driver, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Make sure you do not have any other applications or the system trying to use the 2i2 interface for sound output/input.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 PM

I still cant get it too catch a friend told to me to contact avid tech support. I saw you have to purchase the phone number to get help. But i dont know which one to purchase or if its worth it . What do you guys think
Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcruz View Post
I still cant get it too catch a friend told to me to contact avid tech support. I saw you have to purchase the phone number to get help. But i dont know which one to purchase or if its worth it . What do you guys think
If you can't follow the instructions above or provide an update on exactly what you have tried then you should call support. Nothign wrong with doing that and it should save you time and hassle. You need to purchase an ASC for Pro Tools software (this one... http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...06917503520336).
Old 07-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Focusrite

Hi Kidcruz,

I believe you are having a problem some PC had on our 2.4 version driver with initializing ASIO.

Please download the newest Beta USB 2 Driver Version 2.5b3 here.

If you still need further assistance please contact our Tech Support Team via our Customer Support Page.

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/