Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2004, 04:37 PM

Default what is up with digidesign technical support

Everytime i call and talk to them and mention something that PT is doing they are like uhhhh it shouldn't do that. I am serious this is a big problem especially for the LE systems with mbox. I have been doing sessions on Mbox for about almost a year and there is always something f----- up.
Now I love PT but they need a better technical support or at least people who give a ----. Sorry but enough is enough. Bounce to disk error was first no help.. and the list kept getting longer.
Fortunatly we have a decent forum with Rail and so on who can help once in a while. My job revolves around PT and I have a Mbox so I can produce, track music etc. and mix the sessions without being in a larger studio with the HD's or TDMs. Is there any kind of training that you must do before you can be with Digi tech support because it seems I know more about whats going on with the products then they do, alot of the time they haven't used or are familiar with Mbox. What kind of help is that?
Old 03-12-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Re: what is up with digidesign technical support

Why pay qualified people when you've got thousands of unpaid support staff, at your beck and call,here on the DUC

Old 03-12-2004, 04:44 PM

Yes, not getting support is lame. Haven't gotten a peep outta Native Instruments for some issues since I asked days ago, and now they're gone until Monday. I sympathize.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:57 PM

I totally agree, the phone support is a joke and they never write back on the e-mails.

I have had a problem with my Digi 001 for a few months now that makes it inoperable with pro tools. I have tried to call and write digidesign about this for a while now with no results. If I can't find an answer through them, or on the DUC soon I am going to sell my Digi 001 off. I love using pro tools as I have for years, but when your hardware won't work with your software and there is no support at all, it might be time to jump ship (but I hope I won't have to).

Here's a link to my problem if you think you can help:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...=5&o=7&fpart=1

Thanks for reading,
Hank