Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-15-2013, 10:41 PM

Default Command 8/Plugin Learning and EuCon

So, I've got an old Command 8, and I love using it for it's Plug-in Learn functionality... But I just picked up an Artist Mix, and it seems that with the Artist Mix connected/EuCon enabled, I completely lose the Command 8 Plugin Learn ability! The plugin 'Map' interface still appears at the top of the plugin window, but hitting 'learn' never actually lets me map my faders/rotaries to any controls. Any of my old maps are also greyed out as being unusable.

Why isn't there an option to allow the end user to choose which surface they want to map plugins to? Why do you assume that I want to use my Artist series controller? I tried a while back hooking up a command 8 to a machine that also had an ICON connected to it (for weird reasons), and the ICON always takes over the plugin mapping. Sometimes I don't want to use the icon for plugins! Let me choose which control surface to map to - or even better, let me map to ALL of them, simultaneously but separately.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Command 8/Plugin Learning and EuCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushoo View Post
So, I've got an old Command 8, and I love using it for it's Plug-in Learn functionality... But I just picked up an Artist Mix, and it seems that with the Artist Mix connected/EuCon enabled, I completely lose the Command 8 Plugin Learn ability! The plugin 'Map' interface still appears at the top of the plugin window, but hitting 'learn' never actually lets me map my faders/rotaries to any controls. Any of my old maps are also greyed out as being unusable.

Why isn't there an option to allow the end user to choose which surface they want to map plugins to? Why do you assume that I want to use my Artist series controller? I tried a while back hooking up a command 8 to a machine that also had an ICON connected to it (for weird reasons), and the ICON always takes over the plugin mapping. Sometimes I don't want to use the icon for plugins! Let me choose which control surface to map to - or even better, let me map to ALL of them, simultaneously but separately.

It's not officially supported to run multiple protocol controllers which is why the choice isn't there. Ethernet controllers will always be the primary controller over MIDI/USB which is why your plan doesn't work.

Dev