Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 03:29 AM

Default Avid Support Plan Active, Now What?

So last week I bought the Avid Support Plan and this morning my dealer contacted me, told me my support plan was now active and gave me a contract id number.

So, what do I do now, how do I get my upgrade to PT10HD?

There seems to be nothing new listed under my Avid account and I can't even find out how to use this Contract ID to contact Avid support!

Any suggestions?

Cheers, G
Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Avid Support Plan Active, Now What?

You'll probably need to wait about a week or so.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:26 AM

What, another week? So you buy the support plan, wait a week for it to be made active and even after that you're still only half way there as you have to wait another week (or so) before you can actually get the upgrade?

Thanks for your reply though. Avid seems to be making it increasingly difficult to purchase their products/upgrades. In this economic climate they would seem to be doing exactly the opposite of what is required to survive. That's rather troubling as a long time PT user!

Cheers, G
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM

Why complain to us- or even to AVID? You bought your software from a dealer true? If you were my customer and I sold you this I would be working very hard to make sure that you got your authorization. You should demand this from your reseller and if they don't come through- demand your money back. They made money off of you too- there is no excuse for not providing this basic level of customer service.
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 AM

So you think a reseller/dealer should have to work "very hard to make sure I got my authorisation" rather than Avid simply supplying a paid for product. Interesting, if you think that's an acceptable way to run a business, good luck to you!

G
Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Maybe we shouldn't have to- but I really love my job and I really respect my customers so I work hard if I have to. I can only assume that you work hard for the money you spend with me- so it's only fair : )
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 AM

My activation also had the pt 10 sn further down the email. Maybe check out the email again.

Rubicon

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM

avid just laid-off 200 employees, some of whom i'm sure would be working to eliminate these delays like greg is having. how can a dealer/reseller help with that?
many of them don't seem to know what's going on over at avid. seems to me that would be avid's fault...just sayin'.

marco
Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Most of the long-term employees in dealer customer service are still employed at AVID, and they are very dedicated and very professional. I've been working with them for 12 years and they know me personally and I have a very good working relationship with them. They really do care about resolving customer issues, and when I have approached them about these kinds of issues, more often than not they have come up big, above and beyond the call of duty big, on the side of customer service for us and the end user. We have customer service issues with all of our vendors, no company is perfect, especially in this economic climate (ask me about Sony Broadcast some day when you have a few hours to hear about issues...) and AVID is no exception- but I truly urge you to prompt your dealer to become your advocate- they really should follow through and make sure that you are happy with the AVID products you paid good money for. If your dealer is not stepping up, I'm sure I can squeeze out a chunk of time for you out of my already busy sales day to supply you with the AVID products you need and keep you up and running like I do with the rest of my customers...
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM

Thnks Rubicon, I've checked that. My dealer has just contacted me and the best he can do for now is arrange a temporary licence and send a taxi with a DVD he'll burn for me because he can't get a current digidelivery link to the software until tomorrow.

So my dealer is working hard, it's Avid who are making life difficult. I mean, if they can supply a temporary licence, why can't they just supply the full licence? Strange but at least it seems I may have use of the software in less than another week or so!

G