Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-13-2018, 04:14 AM

Default Plugin window placement...

Does anybody know how I can get my EQ window to *always* show up in the same location on my screen? I find when I'm mixing that about half the time it shows up on my edit screen and the other half on the mix screen (where I want it). I use an Artist Mix/Transport so that when I select a track and I've got the surface set to EQ that it automatically pops up but it's so annoying when I have to constantly drag it to the other window because it's in the way of what I want to see on the edit window.

Thanks!
JR
Old 02-13-2018, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Plugin window placement...

Look into Window Configurations in PT. You can have all kinds of things set where you want. You can also tie them to Marker Appearances (Show/Hide Tracks, track heights etc.). You can have this set as Marker 1, and hit ".1.", et voilá!
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 02-13-2018, 11:11 AM

Don't know if this is of any use, but shift key when you open a plugin forces the PI window to open top left, under the PT menus, IIRC.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the reply guys, tried your suggestions but I'm pretty certain now that it's an Artist/Eucon thing.

I have "Open/Close plug-ins on workstation when editing/exiting" selected in my Eucontrol preferences. In conjunction with that I have "Link Track and Edit Selection" selected in PT, so that every time I switch into EQ mode on the Artist it pulls up the plugin window of the EQ when I select the track in the edit window.

The location of the plugin window sometimes changes inadvertently when I select another track, but if I click back and forth between the two tracks I can get the window back where it was. A little frustrating but at least I think I've got the problem tracked down.

JR
Old 02-14-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
Look into Window Configurations in PT.
I second this Mr H! Takes a bit of fiddling to set up first time but you can create some very handy layouts to recall very quickly.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:09 AM

I turn off the open close. Keep the plugin window always open with the red target. That way the window plugin will follow your track select. I would love to have a way to cycle the plugs on a track when you have multiple plugs of the same type (eq,dyn,etc...)

Steph
Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Default Plugin window placement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Don't know if this is of any use, but shift key when you open a plugin forces the PI window to open top left, under the PT menus, IIRC.
Whoa, that helped me a lot because you pointed out the reason for the problem I am having. Of course I let the PI targets open so the Eucon track selection follows. But very often I hit shift-s for solo track at the same time I select the track (kind of overtaking myself sometimes) This (know I know) causes the Plugin to open upper left.
I don't want that. Any idea how to avoid this?

Last edited by Nick Camaron; 03-05-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Camaron View Post
Any Idea how to avoid this?
Other than not hold shift - No.
I would guess that function lies deep in the code. But I'm guessing.