Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Default SC48 Plug-ins rack unresponsive during show!

Hi!
Twice in one week the plug-ins rack on the SC48 that I'm working on has become unresponsive. This has happened during the first act of the show, after a restart at intermission everything has been fine.
All programmed changes takes about 15s to happen and if I click a plug-in to view it it takes so long time that I have never had the time to let it come up on screen before I have to move on. If I change to another page it leaves a blank square on the screen where plug-in would have been shown on the plug-ins page.

This error has messed up two shows totally, so far...

The console is running V 2.8.1.77

I ran 160 shows last year with pretty much the same configuration. The only thing I have changed is 8 graphical eq's compared to 16 last year, 8 auxes and 16 buses this year compared to 16 auxes and 8 buses last year. Also some changes in the plug-ins rack, but really nothing major. The only big change is that I'm using 3 instances of Smack!.

The only thing that comes to mind regarding what the problem could be is that another show using the console has Waves and some McDSP plug-ins on a separate iLok, and of course the SC48 wants to load these plug-ins when I start up but can not find the authorization. But this was the same thing last year, and I had no problems then.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Regards,
Anders Fredlund
JEERK

Last edited by andersf; 03-25-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Avid

Default Re: SC48 Plug-ins rack unresponsive during show!

Hi Anders,

That sounds odd indeed. Please contact the support team at +1-650-731-6111 or venuesupport(at)avid(dot)com.

They will be able to follow up on this and get some diagnostic info from the console.

Quote:
...the console has Waves and some McDSP plug-ins on a separate iLok, and of course the SC48 wants to load these plug-ins when I start up but can not find the authorization.
The way to resolve this is to right-click on the unused plug-in in the list shown on the Options>Plug-Ins page, and then choose the disable "Disable..." option. This leaves the plug-ins installed, but does not prompt you to authorize them. Doing this also speeds up the console initialization, as it skips the disabled plug-ins. The plug-ins can easily be re-enabled when needed for other shows, using the same process.

Sheldon
Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Have you done a reinstall of your OS/plug-ins recently?

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 AM

Hi,
No I have not... Might be a good idea! Have you had similar concerns?
For now I have been restarting the console after my show has loaded, and in that way getting a fresh console. Seems to work, but I need to contact Digi as well to see if anything is wrong.