Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-11-2002, 06:07 PM

Default Echo Farm HD, is it a pipe dream?

Echo Farm HD, is it a pipe dream? Please Digi give us an update on it's status.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Echo Farm HD, is it a pipe dream?

I have a feeling they'll skip a Mac OS 9 | HD release and go straight to OS X | HD.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:11 PM

Check out this thread:
http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=16;t=015965

Still waiting for "more details"... I can only hope they'll be provided in the next day or so. PLEASE DIGI!

- Max @ Tin Drum
Old 11-11-2002, 10:35 PM

Did Echo Farm take up more or less than half of a Mix chip?

If more, it would then never run on an HD chip at 96K. It would either have to be released as an HTDM plug, which I'm hoping is in the works, or "dumbed down" It sounds like the latter has happened, which would explain the delay. It's a safe bet that it won't be a true 96K plugin, but will internally up-sample. That's probably not a major problem with this type of plugin, but it will certainly make SOME difference.

If Echo Farm used less than half a mix-chip, then Digi has no excuse for this delay.

I'd really like to know, either way. Can someone pease post this info?

Despite the above, it is great news that it will finally be available, in any form. The only alternative seems to be the BF Tel-Ray, and I don't plan on giving BF any more of my money for a looooong time. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Is there, in fact, any other "analog" echo plugin for TDM?
Old 11-12-2002, 02:11 AM

Hey Speer...SoundToys will be releasing a bunch of true analog sounding products...the first will be FilterFreak...but they have one coming later called EchoBoy....the demo I heard at the last Digiworld I attended was top notch...if your into retro...this companies plug-ins are the ones to wait for...you'll have to email them if you want info when the echo plug will be released but I assume early 2003
Old 11-12-2002, 05:47 PM

I'm pretty annoyed by the LOOONG wait for Echofarm. I've purchased TWO copies and feel cheated by Digi. No matter the sample rate problems I can't believe Digi couldn't assign two guys for two days to finish this project. If Echofarm can't fit on one chip (what a stupid idea to have 96k w/o 100% faster chips anyway!!) just release an up/downsample version now and stop fooling around!
Old 11-13-2002, 02:16 PM

Evidently, the delay was caused by Digi assigning those programmers to the task of creating the beautiful, 3-color flyer I just got in the mail.

This flyer was sent to convince me, a registered HD owner, to upgrade from my Mix system to an HD system. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

With such a waste of resoureces, it's no wonder the Digi hardware is so expensive and updates come so slowly!
Old 11-13-2002, 02:51 PM

Yes I got the same beautiful new flyer. It is also great to know that the Pros who bought HD right away and were the "beta" testers now will get to pay for PT 6.0 OSX and the current buyers will get it for free as well as a $995 bonus free plug-in. NICE [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 04:06 PM
ACI/ALP Moderator

Just got a note from Digi. Looks like Echo Farm HD is now shipping. Up to 96kHz.

-Eric
Old 11-14-2002, 12:39 AM

Can no-one answer the question regarding chip usage on a Mix system?

Etherize,

Thanks for the reminder. I'm actually on the beta team for SoundToys, but so far we have only seen Filterfreak. -RTAS and Audiosuite only at this point. TDM is planned for near-future development. Hopefully the HD chips will be able to handle TDM at 96K, but we'll see. Wave-Mechanics is not the type of company that would do a "BS" 96K plug via internal upsampling, so it's possible that these plugs will have to be made HTDM instead.

I can't WAIT to get my hands on Echoboy.
Ken says it will be VERY soon. Yowsa.