Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Carbon Latency Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Hi Kyle,

As a courtesy, I will provide you with a list of items that I quickly snagged together from my user account, which might be of interest to you. They concern two main topics, being ADC (regarding the current problem) and LLM (which may be of interest regarding the hybrid engine).

Note that, although I do hope someone will finally assess these cases in detail to identify relevant problems, I do not wish to be involved in any further troubleshooting. Because of these fundamental issues not having been fixed over a span of almost 5 years, I have now moved away from Pro Tools for compositional work. I have also decided to no longer renew my support plan, given the current pace of development and bug fixing.

Here is the list:

04/01/2020 3916895 Delay compensation fails for frozen folder tracks when user offsets in session Defect Logged/Known Defect
10/15/2019 3803594 MIDI is recorded early on timeline with ADC enabled Case Closed (not solved)
10/13/2019 3802429 Automatic Delay Compensation broken when used with LLM and external MIDI instruments Case Closed (not solved)
10/06/2019 3798415 Allow sends to persist during LLM also persists plugins Case Closed (not solved)
01/08/2017 3120087 Instrument Track Commit results in huge audio delay Case Closed (not solved)
12/16/2016 3106387 Automatic delay compensation for external MIDI instruments not working while input-monitoring Case Closed (not solved)
11/24/2016 3089491 Problems with MIDI delay compensation, MIDI note-on messages and MIDI volume Case Closed (not solved)

Best regards,
Xavier
Hi Xavier,

I wanted to follow up on the issues you mentioned. Unresolved bugs are in red. Resolved bugs are in green.

03916895 - PT-261047 - Frozen Folder Track ADC - 19.12
03803594 - Midi recorded early w ADC - 19.6
03802429 - ADC broken with LLM and external MIDI instruments - 19.6
03798415 - PT-257177 / PT-236173 - Allow sends to persist during LLM also persists plugins - 19.6
03120087 - PT-216431 - Instrument Track Commit results in huge audio delay - 12.7
03106387 - PT-216418 - Automatic delay compensation for external MIDI instruments not working while input-monitoring - 12.6.1
03089491 - PT-220861 - Problems with MIDI delay compensation, MIDI note-on messages and MIDI volume

Thanks again for the list.
Berkeley, CA
Old 12-09-2020, 10:20 AM

Thanks for verifying, Kyle!

Strange, I have the impression that some of the 'solved' bugs are still there, but I would have to explicitly verify when I can find some time. Possibly there's a regression since they've been solved, or they have only partially been solved. Now, I haven't been using Pro Tools at all lately for these workflows, but I 'll try to check again during the xmas break.

Cheers and take care!
Old 12-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Thanks for verifying, Kyle!

Strange, I have the impression that some of the 'solved' bugs are still there, but I would have to explicitly verify when I can find some time. Possibly there's a regression since they've been solved, or they have only partially been solved. Now, I haven't been using Pro Tools at all lately for these workflows, but I 'll try to check again during the xmas break.

Cheers and take care!
Sure thing, Xavier. Let me what you find when you can. It'd been good to know if we missed something. Happy holidays!
Berkeley, CA
Old 12-22-2020, 09:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris August View Post
Either there is some false advertising going on here, or my system is having a problem. I'm watching an Avid video on YouTube and Jeff Komar has a session pulled up. He has his vocal bussed to a routing folder and that goes to a MixBus track. He has the headphone cue on his routing folder and not directly on his vocal track. He says there will be no latency. Incorrect. I have a Carbon and the moment you put that track to the routing folder and put the headphone cue on that folder there is latency. With my Carbon and PT setup, the only way I get no latency is when my headphone is directly on my track, or if I use the mirrored headphone option and my track is sent to the master.

Does anyone else have a Carbon yet that can weigh in on this? I would love nothing more than for my setup to not be working correctly because it would mean a lost less headphone sends all over the place.

Thanks!
Chris
Hi Chris,

I want to let you know that this issue has been resolved in the just released Pro Tools 2020.12 update. Please install that when you get a chance and let us know if your issue is fully addressed. Thanks!
Berkeley, CA