Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2022, 05:22 PM

Default Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

Never saw this message. Got it today. Any ideas?

Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual
Pro Tools Perpetual could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.
-----------------------
Plus a lot of details. I renewed My PT license last week and has been running fine. Avid site says my license is good for a year.

Also get an error when opening iLOK Manager. I cannot sign it to my account.

Why is it trying to open an expired Perpetual when I have had an Ultimate yearly subscription for over year? Is it an iLOK issue?
Old 03-20-2022, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

More system info, please.
Win/mac, versions etc.
Is the license on ilok or ilok cloud?
Did you do the recent 5.5 upgrade of ilok manager?
Old 03-20-2022, 06:48 PM

Hi

Mac 10.14.6
iLOK Manager. No cloud.
Yes I have the latest iLOK version.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:51 PM

Pro Tools 2021.12
Old 03-20-2022, 09:22 PM

More clear info might help.

What *exact* error do you get when trying to log in with ILM?

How exactly are you starting Pro Tools? Double Clicking the app icon in the Applications folder?

What exact errors are you getting? I'm surprised you see any errors with that say "Pro Tools Perpetual" in the error message. Are you actually seeing that?

Where is Pro Tools at during startup when you get that error? Do you see any splash screen at all etc.? I expect not but want to check.

What exact Mac model/EMC code etc.? (Esp. want to know if this a Intel or Apple Silicon Mac? a Hackintosh? etc. but provide the model/EMC code).

What changed? Besides you updating a license? Is Mac auto update disabled? Did you update plugins or install a new plugin?

Just as a standard approach you should be running standard troubleshooting steps, trashing prefs, moving plugins out of the plugin folder, testing with Built-In output (or similar) as the playback engine. Might be a long shot here but you should just have done them. See "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page.

"Latest" can mean nothing useful, what exact versions of ILM etc. do you have.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
More clear info might help.

What *exact* error do you get when trying to log in with ILM?

How exactly are you starting Pro Tools? Double Clicking the app icon in the Applications folder?

What exact errors are you getting? I'm surprised you see any errors with that say "Pro Tools Perpetual" in the error message. Are you actually seeing that?

Where is Pro Tools at during startup when you get that error? Do you see any splash screen at all etc.? I expect not but want to check.

What exact Mac model/EMC code etc.? (Esp. want to know if this a Intel or Apple Silicon Mac? a Hackintosh? etc. but provide the model/EMC code).

What changed? Besides you updating a license? Is Mac auto update disabled? Did you update plugins or install a new plugin?

Just as a standard approach you should be running standard troubleshooting steps, trashing prefs, moving plugins out of the plugin folder, testing with Built-In output (or similar) as the playback engine. Might be a long shot here but you should just have done them. See "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page.

"Latest" can mean nothing useful, what exact versions of ILM etc. do you have.
ILM error verbatim-
An Error Occured During This Operation.
ServerUnexpectedException: Caught an exception from a DB query.

PT error verbatim-
Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual
Pro Tools Perpetual could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

LicenseServicesException::QueryError, 19, Caught an exception from a DB query., LsObjectCache.cpp, line 477, function: void license_services::LsObjectCache::query(const license_services::LsSelectQueryWire &, const bool, const int32_t), Database query failed with a PaceException. The error message is:
Litesql exception: Query string is: "SELECT * FROM AuthDef_ WHERE (AuthDef_.authId_ = '-305245662') and (AuthDef_.publisherId_ = '101')", exception text is: "UnknownError: step failed: 1SQL logic error or missing database".

The PT error occurs every way I attempt to open PT. Applications folder. Dock. Right clicking and pointing to program from as existing session. Get error within three seconds.

A late 2013 Mac Pro. Renewed the license a week ago before expiring. Worked perfect for days. Shut system down for a couple days. Restarted today and PT and ILM will not start. Updated PT and ILM and still neither would work. Neither would today work before the updates. Nothing else has changed. Auto update is disabled. My Avid account does say that my license is good until March 2023.

ILM version is 5.5.0
Old 03-21-2022, 10:39 AM

Problem fixed. It was/is completely and iLOK issue. Authorized new PT subscription to my iLOK on a different computer. All good now. Thanks everyone.