Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Default what's the normal behavior of power led on Mbox 2 Pro?

Well, just bought Mbox 2 Pro and LE8.01, with HP workstation xw4600, and Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit versinon pre-installed, and a OHCI complaint IEEE 1394 host controller. Then headche came along -- System frozen, can't find Mbox hardware, Mbox has no output, cause system can't find any audio hardware, including that one on the motherboard, etc.

I have found that the power led on Mbox 2 Pro behaves randomly. If Mbox is powered only by 1394 port, the led color is dark yellow, and keeps flashing. I'm afraid that means the 1394 port does not offer enough power, right?

Next, I connected the external power, then the power led's color is green. Enough power, right? Waite, here comes another problem, after the PC has completed starting-up, and the desktop is ready, the power led some times is keeping on ( no flashing), some times keep flashing. While the led is flashing, some times when launch LE softawre, the led will stop flahsing, and keeps on steadily, some times sitll keep flashing after launch LE, but Mbox will have no output, sometimes LE will warn can't find hardware.

Have found two methods to stop the led flashing without restarting PC. One is to pull off the external power supply and insert the power plug again. But it gives blue screen some times. Another method is to disable the 1394 controller in the device manager, and re-enable it. Then the led will keep on steadily. But the later method does not work all the times. Thant means after re-enable the 1394 controller, the power led still flash.

Terrible and complicated, right? I also think so. and I can't find any info about power led's behavior. Then come here for help.

Last edited by compusic; 11-14-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: update info.