Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2000, 05:06 AM

Default Dissappearing plug-ins!

Hi All,

So here's a good one that has been happening only lately. I go to insert a plug in, let's say time adjusted. i get a message that DAE needs more memory to insert the plug in. This is an 8 track session with one other plug in and 256 Meg of RAM. I quit ProTools, reopen the session, and the Plug-in is gone! I do a search on the system drive, Nada! The plug in file has dissappeared from the plug ins folder. This has also happened to the Digi Mod delays and now Amp Farm. Digi tech support suggested that it is a system/OS problem and that I should reinitialize my system drive and reload the OS and ProTools. I'm looking for a few good ideas to try before wipe the drive....

------------------
Will Russell
Electric Wilburland Studio
http://www.wilburland.com
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 04-13-2000, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Dissappearing plug-ins!

I'm afraid I don't have any good ideas -- that's really spooky and strange. I think if it were happening to me, I'd reformat and reinstall like they suggested. Then make sure that the DAE application and the PT application have plenty of memory allocated to them and hope it never happens again.