Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 10:27 AM

Default CAN\'T USE ANY EXTRAS!!!

for some reason i can't use reason adapted in pt. it came included with my system. when i go to plug in/instrument i don't see anything except "click". none of the extra stuff that came with my system shows up. i even downloaded a free plugin from the digidesign site and can't find it in pt. i feel like i'm using this system at such a low capacity i want to quit!!! i use the bare minimum that came with it. even though they may be demos, none of the extra discs that were included are being recognized. my ilok is a whole different story. i can't figure out how to use that thing for the life of me! i just have a lot of questions, and i would love it if someone with an abundance of patience could help me. thank you so much.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: CAN\'T USE ANY EXTRAS!!!

Do you have a Mac with an Intel processor? If so, you'll need to download the Intel updates for all the extra software in order for it to work.

As far as iLoks go, if one came with your system (like a "factory" bundle) then any licenses that are needed for that bundle are already installed on the iLok, you just plug it in and go. You can sign up for an ilok.com account if you want (it will help you manage licenses in the future) but it's not necessary to do so in order to use the iLok.

A lot of people make the mistake of installing extra demo plug-ins and such that they don't have licenses for, in which case you'll get authorization prompts when launching PT - check the name of the plug-in that is asking for authorization and compare it to the list of plug-ins that come with your 'bundle' - if that plug-in isn't on there then you've installed a demo that you don't have a license for and need to remove it (which is covered in the "General Troubleshooting" thread.