Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Default busses not passing audio WTF!?

Okay,
So I have had PT installed for a few weeks now but have had little time to use it...I'm working on a project and I go to re-record 2 summed tracks (through a buss) to 1 track. Low and Behold no audio actually reaches the destination track...I'm running LE 6.4 with an mbox, if that helps, on a 1.4Ghz ibook G4 and doing super minimal editing with no plugins...not processor intensive. Anyway, the destination track fed by the buss is not showing any level on the meter, but the original clearly is...WTF? Also, similarly when I tried to bounce today for the first time what happens? I can hear the audio playing in real time as it bounces but the meter on the track containing the audio doesn't move at all, and when I check the bounced file it is always what I specified WAV or AIFF or whatever, it is always the proper length as well...but the file contains only silence when opened in any program that supports 16/44.1 WAV or AIFF. Does anybody know what gives? I could really use some help here.

Thanks to any and all that could possibly she some light...
-J
Old 08-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: busses not passing audio WTF!?

I've had an issue where I have tracks bussed and no audio is passing through as you said and re-launched the session and all was OK. Either that or you have auto input monitoring select. So it will record your summed track through the buss, but not monitor unless you are recording. Try changing it to input only monitoring.

On the second issue, when you hit bounce you can select the outputs that are being bounced out in the same menu you select file type and sample rate, make sure they are 1 and 2 I bet they say something else.