How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM

Default Stereo Dither Mixer for HD Native System

Hello,

I'm using a HD Native card feeding two Lynx Aurora 16's going to a 24 channel console.

Is the stereo dither mixer an option for HD Native? I've had a lengthy conversation with Bob Olhsson about this subject and put the idea of applying 24 bit to each output feeding the console when I do any digital gain change or other processing in the box and it sounds better...it's less edgy. However, it's not practical to put something like the PSP Xenon on every channel but I haven't sound a 24 bit dither plug-in that is mono except for limiters with dither options.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Stereo Dither Mixer for HD Native System

Actually, there is a stereo dither mixer plug-in in the .dpm unused plug-in folder, but not an AAX version.

Should I put the stereo mixer.aax in the unused folder and put the stereo dither mixer in the plug-in folder? Is there a way to see which mixer is being used?