Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 AM

Default PTLE 8.0.5 & SD2.2.3 Issue

I've contacted Toontrack - no reply yet - and I'd like to track today, so I'm hoping someone here has experienced this issue and can offer some quick guidance.

Friday and Saturday morning I ran SD2 in PTLE8 with no problems. I purchased the Andy Sneap Presets, installed them and they were showing in Toontrack Solo, but not in PTLE. I ran the re-installer and selected REPAIR, opened PTLE back up only to be greeted by the authorization window for Music City and Metal Foundry SDX's. I thought that was weird, but went ahead and re-authorized them (thereby losing one of my three remaining authorizations) and they worked as normal. However, upon closing and opening a new session I was prompted to re-authorize.

I've got all the latest updates and this is happening on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I haven't posted any machine specs as it had been running fine on this machine; therefore, I'm thinking it's not a machine issue, but something between SD2 and PTLE. Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Default Re: PTLE 8.0.5 & SD2.2.3 Issue

I agree that its a Toontracks issue and they may be the only help here, short of reverting to the previous version of SD2. As for your authorizations, don't panic. You can simply inform TT that you have uninstalled and reinstalled and they will provide a new code(already been thru that myself). Shoot me an email if none of this helps.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
As for your authorizations, don't panic. You can simply inform TT that you have uninstalled and reinstalled and they will provide a new code(already been thru that myself). Shoot me an email if none of this helps.
@albee1952 - Thanks for the reply and reassurance. I haven't received word from TT, yet, and haven't been able to track drums at all today , but I've had great customer service from them and look forward to a reply soon. Bummer still, though. I love working with SD2.

That said; I've considered putting the disc(s) back in and choosing the REPAIR option, but haven't done that, yet, as the issue doesn't seem to be with the SD2 install as much as between the two app's. I'm also a bit leary of doing that as it was one of the last things I did (with the Andy Sneaps Presets installer) before this problem arose. Man...I hope to hear from them soon.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:37 AM

TT's first response regarded hardware changes - of which none have occurred - as well as trying to authorize using TT Solo, which should carry the authorization across the machine.

I did see a post on TT support portal regarding this issue - prior to contacting them; however, I know nothing changed regarding hardware and TT Solo works perfectly.

That said; I'm not at the computer right now to see if the computer ID in TT Solo is different than in PTLE; however, if zero hardware changes are occurring, what else could cause a computer ID to change? Yes...I know this is a question for TT and will ask it when I receive further correspondence from them; however, I thought I'd fish for an answer/reply here in the interim.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Figured it out! Yeah!

For me, it is typical that I disable Norton Antivirus when installing known apps. In doing this, though, once NAV re-enables itself (through its default setting) it "changed" my computer in SD2's eyes.

Tonight I re-authorized my SDX's with NAV running and everything's back to normal.

On a side note: another "issue" I was running into was the the Metal Foundry Andy Sneap Presets were showing in TT Solo, but not in PTLE. Well...I recalled the fact that PTLE only runs 32-bit on Windows OS, ran the 32-bit installer for SD2.2.3 and now they're there. Yep...I got bit by the bit issue.

Oh well...maybe my errors and trials will help someone else. Now back to the jammin'.