Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-13-2018, 12:26 PM

Default Pro Tools Ultimate

Hello,

I hope this is posted in the correct section.

Pro Tools Ultimate, perpetual license - For the HDX cards. I know the license does not expire but is it necessary to pay for updates eg the annual subscription plan?
Old 07-13-2018, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate

You mention perpetual and subscription which are different things. Thinking you meant Upgrade Plan since that's what's included with a perpetual license.

If you buy a Perpetual license it includes a year of software releases. If you renew your Upgrade Plan you get another year of releases. If you let it lapse you can continue running the versions provided up through the end of your term. The license doesn't expire.

If you buy a Subscription license it also includes a year of software releases, but the license stops working if you do not renew each year.

Please see the Store page and Licensing FAQ for more info.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:08 PM

OK lets concentrate on the perpetual license and focus on the upgrade plan with reference to the upgrade plan lapsing.

Is it possible to allow the upgrade plan to lapse for a year and pick it back up later on? (edit)_I just read about a re-instatement plan

I've got 2 x HDX on order with perpetual license for Pro Tools Ultimate and I like the idea of owning the software / having it licensed to me continually.

What is the cost of the annual upgrade plan?

And just to summarize > a perpetual license I own forever > If I keep paying for the annual upgrades I can keep on using the most up to date Pro Tools, what ever version it is eg version 20!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzz View Post

What is the cost of the annual upgrade plan?

And just to summarize > a perpetual license I own forever > If I keep paying for the annual upgrades I can keep on using the most up to date Pro Tools, what ever version it is eg version 20!
In the US, it is $399/year to keep on the upgrade plan for a perpetual Ultimate license. $999 (once) to come back on the plan if you let it lapse (and then back to $399 for following years)