Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Authoritative on RAID usage?

I loathe the word "support". "Digidesign does not support RAID technology."

What the heck does that mean? Does it mean "We're not going to give you tech support on that there bub." or does it mean "We decided not to qualify that because our margins are too thin to make it worth it." or does it mean "We got some bug reports that all included RAID systems so we have the impression it's flakey" or does it mean "We do low-level filesystem interfacing to squeeze performance out of these boxes that will most certainly NOT EVER work with RAID systems until we decide to fix it at some undetermined point in the future, that is, if we decide to."???

It could and has meant any or all of these things just with this one company. Can someone tell me if they have succeeded in using PTLE on Mac (intel...I have a Mac Pro) on RAID drives anyway?

Anyone who robotically repeats "Digidesign doesn't support RAID" will get a bronx cheer. I would like a "It seems to work fine for me" or a "It DOES NOT work. PERIOD." along with any supporting information you have at hand. Thank you.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.