Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Various error messages

Agreed - I have now got my Focusrite in ready mode only for the Windows sound setup and am now using the Realtek on both ends of the Windows side of things. I am not sure what PT will think of that next time I open it - hopefully it will not be an issue, since I think it was trying to go with what Windows had as it's defaults, and it was confusing the issue.

I intend only using the Focusrite in a track recording aspect - single channel (vocals, horn etc) to stereo keyboards to maybe a few mics the odd time, and for headphone monitoring for the player. We'll see how that shapes up!

The sessions I want to open are from a recent recording date in Toronto where I recorded essentially a 60 pc orchestra. I did eleven tunes, and on some of the bigger tunes there is easily 100 + tracks if not more, on the smaller things, 50 - 80. This is a very big project.

The trouble is that any of the PT experts I have used in the past to do my editing and compiling of tracks with prior to mixing are currently swamped and unavailable, and I really need to keep the project moving for the client. I was given misinformation on crossing platforms (PT to DP) and quickly realized that can't happen without about a 1000 - 2000 hours of work in both directions, and so my only course of action was to buy ProTools and dive in.

While I'm a computer newbie, I am a quick study, so once I get my head around something I think I will be off and running, That being said, I hate the downtime of learning curves and wish to be productive right away.

More misinformation - I was told I would be just fine with standard PT with not having any issues, but now, what I'm gathering from various discussions is that since the original recording was done on HD/Ultimate with massive amounts of tracks, and I have the most up to date yet only standard PT, I may need to divide each individual session (song) into 2 parts, and edit and compile, and port the edited material over to the final session files once completed. This will make things challenging but not impossible - everything is written out musically (by me as the arranger), so I know exactly what is supposed to have been played, and can afford to not hear everything as I can look at the score if I'm not sure about something. If it were an "off the cuff" style recording with people not playing from written parts, that might potentially be a nightmare!

I have been taking lessons from a buddy who uses PT8 - saved a few sessions in PT8 format, and I've been getting some practice time editing bass tracks and such. Really at the moment, editing and compiling is all I want to do as the next step in this particular project. I have no intention of mixing it on my system (although I could), nor doing any recording of overdubs until all the editing and compiling is done, and the session sizes are greatly reduced to their final iterations prior to mixing.

If it were something you would be OK with, I'd love to be able to just talk on the phone about stuff, rather than here on the forum. If you're comfortable with that, please PM me your phone number.

Thanks!

Ross.

INTEL i7 - 8700 CPU @ 3.2 GHz
32 GB RAM
64 BIT OS
Windows 10
Pro Tools 2018.4
FOCUSRITE 6i6 interface
Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 AM

This is a case where I would look into renting HD software(check the avid store for this) for a month. While you ARE able to open the complete sessions, create stem mixes of sections of the orchestra so you can create new versions with the original tracks made inactive so you can get things down to a manageable number of active tracks

BTW, the rental of an HD iLok asset is all you need. With that on your iLok, your current install will open as HD software.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-05-2018, 02:06 PM

RossWooldridge,

If you still are having issues, auto jack sensing on the onboard audio jacks may be part of your problem. On my PC, I cut off the 1/8" ends of some old headphones and I use them as dummy plugs so that Windows recognizes those jacks and makes them available to choose in the Windows audio settings. This can help keep Windows from trying to default to the Focusrite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-05-2018, 05:09 PM

Thanks all for the suggestions!

INTEL i7 - 8700 CPU @ 3.2 GHz
32 GB RAM
64 BIT OS
Windows 10
Pro Tools 2018.4
FOCUSRITE 6i6 interface
Old 06-05-2018, 07:31 PM

Cubase convert and PT newbie here...

I'm having an issue with a Focusrite 2i2. As soon as I load a project and hit the play button I get an AAE error 9060. I tried to investigate this error code but I can't seem to find anything recent, with the exception of deleting the database and preferences. I've done this and it still doesn't work. The 2i2 is working perfectly with Cubase 9.5 Pro, FL Studio 12, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine, etc...

Hopefully someone has some suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------
Felix Caban
Dallas, TX

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-7700
32GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung 960EVO NVMe SSD 256GB System Drive
Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB Application Drive
Western Digital 2TB 7200 RPM Data Drive

Pro Tools 2018.4.0
Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Old 06-06-2018, 10:34 AM

Please start a separate thread rather than piggy-back so people can respond to your specific issue. Thanks.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction