Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 11:04 AM

Default TC News Posted

Just seen this report - Master X 3 & TC Tools now out for HD, but the 5 band version, Works bundle and VoiceTools are to be discontinued.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/...ols-PT-HD.html
Old 09-09-2002, 02:48 PM

Default Re: TC News Posted

Well, here's another mfgr that wants an upgrade fee... I understand the need to recoup some money for effort put into the conversion, but it sure does give me more loyality to guys like Sony, McDSP and Digi that gave us HD versions without charging an upgrade price

I think I'll pass on TC tools at $149 for an upgrade...
Old 09-09-2002, 10:37 PM

This is all in good spirit [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but ....If you "understand the need to recoup some money for effort put into the conversion" then why are you bitching about it?
In the big picture of "my" $45K HD rig, which I had to pay to upgrade to as well [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...$150 bucks for some great quality TC plugin's isn't that much.
Another line of thought might be that Sony, Digi & McDSP didn't have as many of their plugin's "obtained" through less than legal means as TC, BombFactory or others did.
Maybe TC is "still" trying to recoup from their first round of pre HD R&D work.....good software desiginers don't work cheap.
Maybe the reason plugin's in general seem to cost so much is that each manufacturer knows they have to make their money back right out of the gate. By that I mean, they know they are only going to sell XX amount of copies before said plugin gets "modified" and sales fall into the dirt.
I don't know about anyone else but most of the time I actually like to profit from my hard work.... not just break even or perhaps lose money.
I'm not sure of your situation but....
I think it's kinda nuts to "expect" a free update to the latest version of a peice of software that many of us bought as far back as three years ago... no matter how much you think you deserve it.
In three years hopefully I will be an even better engineer than I am now .... but that doesn't mean in three years time I'm going to, free of charge, remix the album I worked on last month [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 10:05 AM

I'm glad to see TC jumping on HD. If Lexicon followed suit I would consider upgrading my Mix rig.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:02 AM

Bill - You really read more into my comments than intended... I wasn't bitching, it was more to say that seeing another mfgr charge for an upgrade, has given me an increased appreciation for guys (like McDSP and Sony) that gave us free upgrades.

And my other point, is that at $149, my position it to pass....

I don't have problem with them, just not an interest to pay for this package.. case of buyer selection, that's all....
Old 09-11-2002, 12:11 AM

when is it being distributing....I didn't see anything that eluded to NOW...
I thought I saw something saying end of Sept, beginning of October??!