Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-26-2003, 03:20 PM

Default OT...... Locking System Preferences

Is there anyway in 10.2.6 to lock your system preferences? Specifically the sound panel. I only have one application (Microsoft 2001) That requires classic to run so I didn't bother partitioning my drives or specially installing my OS. However it seems like, and this might not be the case, that everytime I run classic the sound preferences revert back to built-in. Therefore when I go to listen to iTunes or iMovie I'm constantly having to reset my preferences and many times restarting the computer. I've also had several instances where the core audio feature seems to drop out when moving from application to application. For instance if I use PT, shut it down completely, and then try and use iTunes, iTunes will come out of the mac speaker. Is this a stability issue in the core audio application or am I doing something incorrectly? Also why is it on the rare occasion that I do run classic, it remains open even after I have quit the classic application?? Can it only be shut down via Force Quit? All in all it's been quite frustrating, but I am a complete newbie to OSX. Anyway, I will continue reading and searching, but any information on the cause and especially prevention of this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: OT...... Locking System Preferences

Quote:
Is there anyway in 10.2.6 to lock your system preferences?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nope

Quote:
Also why is it on the rare occasion that I do run classic, it remains open even after I have quit the classic application??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can shut down classic using the system preferences for "classic".
Old 07-26-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: OT...... Locking System Preferences

You aren't doing anything wrong.It's just that core audio bites the big one.I constantly have to restart and sometimes rescan my system to get the 001 to show up in audio setup.
I'm trying to get my cd collection into iTunes and i'm going through the exact same problems [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
FYI there's also a bug in iTune's when ripping audio from cd's into iTunes the app. freeze's on the last track [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .there is a quickly growing thread on apple's support forum for iTunes............ahh technology