Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-13-2015, 06:47 AM

Default Re: IK Multimedia announces Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Is it only available as 64 bit, not 32 bit?
Old 11-13-2015, 07:48 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Is it only available as 64 bit, not 32 bit?
Yes, it is based on the SampleTank 3 engine which is 64-bit only.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:44 AM
IK Multimedia

For those interested, the preorder special pricing will end when Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is released which is slated for December 17th.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:46 PM
IK Multimedia

For those who have preordered, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is available in your IK User Area.

The introductory pricing is also now good through December 31, 2015: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=631
Old 12-17-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
For those who have preordered, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is available in your IK User Area.

The introductory pricing is also now good through December 31, 2015: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=631
Hi Peter ,

I have a question .....,

Q - Does IKM have any intention to jump onboard the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard, by native Instruments) ???

Numerous software industry leaders are now actively updating their existing products to be fully NKS-ready.
The list is growing constantly as more partners join the KOMPLETE KONTROL system.

[Confirmed Top Industry partners using NKS technology : http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s-series/nks/

..., With all the key-switching now available in Miroslav2 , it would be super cool , and a huge workflow improvement if IKM did jump onboard to include this NKS technology

Actually , all the IKM products could take advantage of the NKS technology ..., like ; Sampletank 3 , T-Racks, and Amplitube (to control Amp and stomp box settings)
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 12-18-2015 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Hi Peter ,

I have a question .....,

Q - Does IKM have any intention to jump onboard the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard, by native Instruments) ???

Numerous software industry leaders are now actively updating their existing products to be fully NKS-ready.
The list is growing constantly as more partners join the KOMPLETE KONTROL system.

[Confirmed Top Industry partners using NKS technology : http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s-series/nks/

..., With all the key-switching now available in Miroslav2 , it would be super cool , and a huge workflow improvement if IKM did jump onboard to include this NKS technology

Actually , all the IKM products could take advantage of the NKS technology ..., like ; Sampletank 3 , T-Racks, and Amplitube (to control Amp and stomp box settings)
You should be able to already do this with the competing standard, VIP.

Here's an overview video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcnr8dW2Xew

Here is a list of plugin maps already included
http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1808

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-18-2015, 05:45 PM

i will have to say upgrade pricing is ridiculous to say the least. IK is about the worst at caring for past customers. i'll gladly pass.

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 12-18-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
You should be able to already do this with the competing standard, VIP.

Here's an overview video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcnr8dW2Xew

Here is a list of plugin maps already included
http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1808
True .., both these have plusses in different areas . I intend to purchase "one" of these 88 key models, but not yet decided which one
I do like lots of the Akai features and it was a hands down winner for me, but since many software companies are adopting NKS I am re-examining the N.I again as a possible contender ?

With the N.I, I do like the guide lights as I use lots of V,I's & its good to see the key switching locations lit up, plus other used keys by the V.I "at a quick glance" , and as my main instrument is not a keyboard .., I need all the extra help I can get
Also with N.I its good to see the parameter names printed out , compared to having to remember as you do with standard midi learn .

With both the N.I and the Akai , for me - its all about the simplicity of adapting those keyboards to whatever V.I or plug you throw at it, and making it feel like you are using a dedicated hardware unit designed for those V.I's and plugins. I hope IKM jumps on the bandwagon to make their products more universal to all ,

Well in saying that - I noticed that Arturia didn't hesitate to jump onboard the NKS bandwagon, (and this was even though Arturia have long already had their own dedicated keyboard range on offer) , it was great to see they were "not up themselves" and were willing to "work together" with other manufacturers to make their Arturia products as universal as possible for their customers needs.

..., the more that jump onboard "the merrier" I say.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 12-18-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
True .., both these have plusses in different areas . I intend to purchase "one" of these 88 key models, but not yet decided which one
I do like lots of the Akai features and it was a hands down winner for me, but since many software companies are adopting NKS I am re-examining the N.I again as a possible contender ?

With the N.I, I do like the guide lights as I use lots of V,I's & its good to see the key switching locations lit up, plus other used keys by the V.I "at a quick glance" , and as my main instrument is not a keyboard .., I need all the extra help I can get
Also with N.I its good to see the parameter names printed out , compared to having to remember as you do with standard midi learn .

With both the N.I and the Akai , for me - its all about the simplicity of adapting those keyboards to whatever V.I or plug you throw at it, and making it feel like you are using a dedicated hardware unit designed for those V.I's and plugins. I hope IKM jumps on the bandwagon to make their products more universal to all ,

Well in saying that - I noticed that Arturia didn't hesitate to jump onboard the NKS bandwagon, (and this was even though Arturia have long already had their own dedicated keyboard range on offer) , it was great to see they were "not up themselves" and were willing to "work together" with other manufacturers to make their Arturia products as universal as possible for their customers needs.

..., the more that jump onboard "the merrier" I say.
It would be nice to see ONE standard that is available in all VI's, like MIDI is a standard. Would be nice to see one standard available for copy protection as well, across all plugins; preferably iLok or another dongle based system like Waves or Plugin Alliance.

As far as the keyboards, the VIP looks great. But I'm just not sure how invested InMusic is to keep pushing it, where as I know NI will be pushing and improving things for years to come. If I had the money, my choice would be a Kontrol S61 or S88 and an upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-19-2015, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
It would be nice to see ONE standard that is available in all VI's, like MIDI is a standard. Would be nice to see one standard available for copy protection as well, across all plugins; preferably iLok or another dongle based system like Waves or Plugin Alliance.

As far as the keyboards, the VIP looks great. But I'm just not sure how invested InMusic is to keep pushing it, where as I know NI will be pushing and improving things for years to come. If I had the money, my choice would be a Kontrol S61 or S88 and an upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate.
A Big +1 to everything in your post Brian

We use the Kontrol S88 weighted keys and just updated to K10 Ultimate as we got a great price from a dealer here in Sweden so I can easily recommend Kontrol S88 or 61 if you feel that is more in your price range. The smaller keyboards are good aswell but hard to play on if you are a keyboard player.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————