Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwnthbttns View Post
I did select "Line 6" in "MIDI Studio Setup", but my model (mobile keys) is not an option. Input Port says "none". Output Port says "none".
Is the controller working correctly with any other app, like Garage Band?
I mention that because Line 6 mentions it:
http://line6.com/mobilekeys/features

From the Resources tab there, the Quick Start Guide.pdf also mentions in the Setup section to check for firmware updates.

Edit: I see you have a Windows system, so no Garage Band. Check any other audio/midi programs you might have on your system.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:10 PM

Yes i am stumped aswell. Now I am thinking this might mnot work with Pro Tools but i can't think of any reason why it wouldn't

Sorry but I have tried everything I know and we have had several different midi keyboards and we just plugged in and started working.. We have always done what we advised here and then just setup instrument channel, choose the midi 1 output for example and then boom. I would email line6 and ask them if this device works with PT11 and if so, what steps should be taken in order to get that to work. You said it doesn't say anything in the mid in/outs which is a huge issue here.

Best of Luck and post back what progress is made and if not, we have to dig deeper
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 PM

Input Port says "none". Output Port says "none".
Are there any other options? Have you created an instrument in Setup>Midi>Midi Studio?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yes i am stumped aswell. Now I am thinking this might mnot work with Pro Tools but i can't think of any reason why it wouldn't

Sorry but I have tried everything I know and we have had several different midi keyboards and we just plugged in and started working.. We have always done what we advised here and then just setup instrument channel, choose the midi 1 output for example and then boom. I would email line6 and ask them if this device works with PT11 and if so, what steps should be taken in order to get that to work. You said it doesn't say anything in the mid in/outs which is a huge issue here.

Best of Luck and post back what progress is made and if not, we have to dig deeper
Chris
Chris:

This happening when I try to use my Casio Privia Px130 as well. I must be doing something wrong! Help! :)
Old 12-18-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Is the controller working correctly with any other app, like Garage Band?
This is essential for the troubleshooting process btwnthbttns. Let us know. Thanks.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 12-18-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwnthbttns View Post
Chris:

This happening when I try to use my Casio Privia Px130 as well. I must be doing something wrong! Help! :)
Hi again

There aren't that many things left to try, you have setup your midi keyboard under midi devices, you have turned ON midi thru in Pro Tools and you have setup an Instrument track with a VI of choice and set midi in on the channel to the correct value and out to main out, rec enabled that track and still nothing

Confirm you have done all this please.

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-18-2013, 03:15 PM

One thing to be sure of. You MUST have your MIDI controller turned on BEFORE you boot up PT, otherwise, PT will not "see" the MIDI controller at all. Don't know if you've done it that way or not, but just in case.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
One thing to be sure of. You MUST have your MIDI controller turned on BEFORE you boot up PT, otherwise, PT will not "see" the MIDI controller at all. Don't know if you've done it that way or not, but just in case.
I have temporarily given up on the Line 6 as a controller. Am attempting to utilize the Casio Privia Px130. I have connected the Privia before booting up Pro Tools. I don't have Garage Band, as I have a Windows system. I do have a free app I downloaded, Kontakt 5, and it is operating in pretty much the same manner as DB33. I can make the keyboard soud with my mouse, but not with the Privia PX130. Back to PT11: When I record enable the the track with the DB33 plug in, I get a reading and, obviously, sound. I get sound by playing the keys on the DB33 with my mouse. Touching the keyboard on the PX130 does nothing. I "created" both the Line 6 and the Px130 in MIDI Studio Setup. I selected the brands "Line 6" and "Casio", but the models were not available as options. From what I have read, this does not matter anyway. However, the Privia did show up temporarily in the "MIDI Input Enable" screen. That screen is now blank again. Chris asks: "you have turned ON midi thru in Pro Tools". I am not sure exactly what this means or where to look to make sure that I have done this. Also, in the MIDI Studio setup, I still have "None" showing for both Input Port and Output Port. Also, on that same screen, I have no buttons selected (1-16) for Send Channels and Receive Channels. Should I have anything selected there? Am at my wit's end with all of this, but am hanging in there and am extremely appreciative of all that help that is being offered. Looking forward to more assistance and a solution to this agonizing problem. Thanks much to one and all!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi again

There aren't that many things left to try, you have setup your midi keyboard under midi devices, you have turned ON midi thru in Pro Tools and you have setup an Instrument track with a VI of choice and set midi in on the channel to the correct value and out to main out, rec enabled that track and still nothing

Confirm you have done all this please.

Christopher
Chris: Please see my above reply... Thank you!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:40 AM

IIRC: After you type in the name of your controller in the midi studio setup window you should hit the enter key. This way the name sticks. Then you should be able to assign inputs and outputs. I haven't used Windows in a couple of years, but that always bit me. Hope this helps