Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Development Partner

Default Artist Mix: Pan knob not functional

Hi,
As a developer, I'm normally answering questions. But now it's my turn to ask one. I've had an Artist Mix for a couple of years. It's here only for testing my own plugins, and has hardly any use outside of that. It's functioned without any problems until just recently. BTW, I'm now on Econ 3.4 with up-to-date firmware.

The panner on the leftmost channel appears not to work. If I nudge my channels right or left, the pan is appropriately controlled, but that one knob seems not to work. I can push in the knob to reset a pan position, but turning the knob has no effect.

There's a hardware test mode available by holding a set of buttons while powering up. When I enter that mode, the encoder for that knob works fine. I see no problems anywhere on the unit. So it appears that either the knob's commands aren't making it to the network or they're somehow being ignored. All in all, it's kind of a peculiar way for a problem to manifest itself.

Anybody seen anything like this?