Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-1999, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Default SampleCell Development

We very much appreciate the continued support of all of you who are Digidesign SampleCell customers. The latest "new feature" for SampleCell is Editor, and optionally TDM support, for those of you running Windows NT based stand-alone or Pro Tools systems. In fact, SampleCell now ships as a cross-platform product and includes (2) sample library CD-ROMs for both MacOS and Windows NT users. While this version doesn't add new features such as the file translation item recently mentioned, we want all of you to know that we are aware that SampleCell is an important part of your arsenal of creative tools and that you folks would like to see some new things for the product in the future.

While we can't be specific at this time regarding future development plans for SampleCell, we can assure you that we are "listening" to your wish lists for the product and that SampleCell is important to Digidesign as well. Please continue to let us know what we can do to better serve your needs, not only for SampleCell but for all Digidesign products. If you would like to contact me directly regarding any SampleCell related issues, you can contact me at [email protected] . Your input is a primary source of information that we pay serious attention to when we're in the planning and development stages of all of our products.

Doug Wood
Product Manager
Digidesign
Old 04-15-1999, 05:52 AM

Default Re: SampleCell Development

Does "listeing" mean you are indeed keeping Samplecell R&D in your concrete business plan...or some variation of it...or working with a devel. pardner on a new technology? I know, I know, you "can't be specific at this time".

Maybe a db less cryptic though?

Thanks for the update at any rate, Doug. Good luck on Phat Samplecell!

Old 04-21-1999, 03:23 PM

I would be very interested in having a sampler option added to my PT24MIX+ system but for me only 32 MB of sampling is no option, I need way more. I use samplers for
drums and percussion mostly (no loops) and my
ideal drum kit alone incl minimum levels of dynamics is over 2 times the 32MB SC offers. So, my question is : is SC a product of yesterday, still with support, or will you AGESSIVELY keep up with the future? (I am NOT bringing a PC into my studio just for unlimited sampling)I'd rather eat snakes (I am a vegetarian!)
Old 04-23-1999, 05:48 AM

Lion, I use several single hit drum kits spanned across the keyboard, with a couple of loops to boot and still have room within SC. You might want to truncate those samples dude.
I'm a long time akai user, but since going pro tools 24/Mix and Logic Audio, samplecell has really swayed me.
Old 04-27-1999, 06:58 AM

how about a new version of samplecell that uses the dsp on one of the farm cards or a software only version like unity ds-1.

Old 04-27-1999, 08:44 AM

Coool!

Good News!!

My suggestion (for a start): make it B&W G3-Compatible!

greetings, arne from Berlin
Old 04-27-1999, 10:33 AM

arne-

DigisystemINIT 3.4.2 makes it TupperMac compatible. You can download this from our website, look for the link at the bottom of this page. Right now, the download file is a little messed up. I hope to fix it today. You can get it going by:

1) First get to the page of DAE/DSI versions available for download.

2) Instead of clicking on the link for 3.4.2, click and hold. Then select 'download link to disk' from the pop-up.

3) Save the file

4) Launch Stuffit Expander and open the .sea file from with the expander app.

-bryan
Old 05-10-1999, 04:01 PM

Top of my list would have to be 24 bit support. Now I'm working 24 bit sessions, its a real pain to have to bounce stuff back to 16 bit (with dither) in order to use SC2. The whole beauty of the system was that it used to be seamless...
Old 05-11-1999, 07:43 AM

I thought the TDM Connection with SampleCell is is 20 BIT?

Just like using an 882/20!

And if they did go 24 bit I sure do hope I can still use my 16 bit samplecell CD's I already have!!!!!!!!!!!