Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Protools 2018 plugin and support Plan Important question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Ok I received a response to my case saying it will take 2-3 weeks to get my complete plugins license deposited and issuing me a 30 day temporary license.

Thanks for the quick response Avid. Still, seems bazaar to announce a benefit that takes so long to implement and make customers jump through hoops like little poodles to figure out what’s going on. It’s also mind numbing that you have to download so many plugins individually rather than having a bundle installer.
Not sure what hoops you are referring to. As stated in the Pro Tools Ultimate FAQ...
Q: As a Pro Tools | HD customer, am I entitled to the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and Pro Tools | MachineControl?
If you have an active Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools | HD) subscription or Software Updates + Support Plan (formerly Annual Upgrade and Support plan, included with new perpetual license purchases), you will have access to the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and Pro Tools | MachineControl. Avid will deposit these two licenses into your iLok account approximately 2-3 weeks following the April 7th, 2018 unveiling of Pro Tools | Ultimate

This will happen automatically, it just takes some time to process all of them.

You won't have to download all of the plug-ins individually. There is a single unified installer for the Complete Plug-In Bundle.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Honestly Jeffro I like you, you've hung in during the toughest times with Avid and have helped me more than once. But if you think the fine print on an FAQ statement is clear communication to subscribers about a new value-added benefit that is advertised in email and web communication that will take 2-3 weeks to implement, then I seriously suggest you re-evaluate in the next marketing meeting. Same with the single-installer, I had no idea and I'd wager to say very few customers got that message as well. I'm not saying this to be mean or be a jerk, like you, I want Avid to succeed. There has to be better customer communication. Thanks for listening and for responding though, that is what sets you apart!
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 04-13-2018, 10:03 AM

Default Where is the Complete Plugin Bundle Download for Ultimate users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Not sure what hoops you are referring to. As stated in the Pro Tools Ultimate FAQ...
Q: As a Pro Tools | HD customer, am I entitled to the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and Pro Tools | MachineControl?
If you have an active Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools | HD) subscription or Software Updates + Support Plan (formerly Annual Upgrade and Support plan, included with new perpetual license purchases), you will have access to the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and Pro Tools | MachineControl. Avid will deposit these two licenses into your iLok account approximately 2-3 weeks following the April 7th, 2018 unveiling of Pro Tools | Ultimate

This will happen automatically, it just takes some time to process all of them.

You won't have to download all of the plug-ins individually. There is a single unified installer for the Complete Plug-In Bundle.

I have the Ultimate License in my Ilok account and on my ilok. I have the HD plan as well. What isn’t clear to me is where is the installer for the complete bundle is located?

If the bundle is suppose to show up in my Avid account, which when I had checked last night it was not, then maybe I don’t understand which licenses need to be updated in my ilok account.

Jeffro, will the complete bundle download only be available and shown in my account?

The other day I downloaded real delay and tested and I received the no authorization error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-13-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
...if you think the fine print on an FAQ statement is clear communication...
If this information didn't reach you then we didn't do our job effectively enough. Checking the email notice about Pro Tools Ultimate I see that it did not mention the delay in fulfilling the Complete Plug-In Bundle and did not link to the FAQ. Sorry that we did not include that info!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Where is the Complete Plugin Bundle Download for Ultimate users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnssn View Post
...will the complete bundle download only be available and shown in my account?...
Once processing is completed you should see an Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle listed in my.avid.com/products and that should include unified installers for Mac and Win.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Once processing is completed you should see an Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle listed in my.avid.com/products and that should include unified installers for Mac and Win.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-17-2018, 11:30 PM

Wanted to add a slight correction... the Complete Plug-in v18.1 Installer will show up in the Additional Value Content included with your software section of your Pro Tools Ultimate product in my.avid.com/products. It basically replaces all the individual plug-in installers. You'll also see an Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle deposited to your iLok account.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:41 AM

Default Machine Control and Avid Complete Plugin question

Hi forum

Only want to ask, if anyone got his licences for Machine Control and Avid Complete Plugins for Protools Ultimate...

I looked up the Ilok licence Manager, but till now i did not get the licences for the two...
Old 04-23-2018, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Machine Control and Avid Complete Plugin question

Into the third week from announcement but Still not showing the complete bundle in my account. Have not checked my iLok

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-23-2018, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Machine Control and Avid Complete Plugin question

Still haven't received anything .. have been checking every day.

Those licences should be distributed during the later half of this week I think.