How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2015, 06:34 AM

Default iOS control with an S6?

Will it work?

I wouldn't want to do it under normal circumstances, but occasionally I need to track the piano in the studio when I'm on my own - would be nice not to have to do an 8 bar count off and run from the control room into the studio, throw on the headphones and wait for each take. :)

Creative Director - Red Note Visionary Sounds: http://rednote.com.au
Label: http://www.stereomissile.com/
Music Production / Mixing: http://www.stereomissile.com/musicproducer/
Mastering: http://www.stereomissile.com/mastering/
Old 08-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Avid

Default Re: iOS control with an S6?

It won't at the moment...at this time I can't say either way if it every will....but you obviously make a good point ;-)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
It won't at the moment...at this time I can't say either way if it every will....but you obviously make a good point ;-)
Hi,

Just want to throw my two cents worth in as another S6 user that would like to be able to use this as well, and as it happens, for exactly the same reason stated by Stereo Missile. Would appreciate it if you could flow some user interest in the right direction within Avid??

Thanks,
Russ
Old 02-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Avid

It's already flowing ;-) I'm the S6 Product Designer and I fully see the use for this.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
It's already flowing ;-) I'm the S6 Product Designer and I fully see the use for this.

Terrific Eddie - thanks very much!!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Missile View Post
Will it work?

I wouldn't want to do it under normal circumstances, but occasionally I need to track the piano in the studio when I'm on my own - would be nice not to have to do an 8 bar count off and run from the control room into the studio, throw on the headphones and wait for each take. :)
+1 for this.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:40 PM

If i understand correctly, Pro Tools control works with PT HD 12 as stand alone or with an S3 or artist Mix.

Are you guys saying it won't work at all if i have the S6 installed as it does not use the same Eucon as the two mentioned above ?
Old 03-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Avid

At the moment the Control App only works with EuControl. As you can't run WSControl and EuControl at the same time then no it can't be used with S6 yet. (Note: that you can install EuControl and WSControl at the same time but not run them simultaneously)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:40 AM

Is this still the case? That you can only use one protocol at a time? Either Eucontrol or WSControl? I have a mixer who uses an S6 with several players and saw an editor with the iPad Eucontrol application and wanted the same experience.

Also, As I am running S6 3.6.1 (which uses Eucon 4.0.xxx) what version of Eucontrol can I install alongside WSControl App? I installed EuControl 3.7 and then I noticed that my WSControl would crash when Protools launched. Segmentation error 11.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:03 AM
Avid

You can install EuControl and WSControl at the same time but they have to be the same version number otherwise they conflict (they share the same EUCON files)
In v3.8 you will be able to add the iPad Control App and run both EuControl and WSControl at the same time.