Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Default adding channels to custom fader groups

Okay, maybe Im a knuckle head, but I can't seem to figure out how to add tracks to my custom fader groups. I can successfully create a group, and I can even name them all nice, but I cant seem to add or subtract channels to the group. The manual says to create custom faders, simply hit the groups button in the custom fader section....select the group...hold apple and push the groups button to put it in edit mode (it should flash at this point...which it does). Then it says proceed by pressing the channel select switch for the source channel that I want to add. Now my question to ya'll is...How the HECK do i bring up the source channels on the console, with out taking it out of custom group edit mode. Oh by the way I am using only the bare bones d-command with no side car full of faders. I only have 8 ;o(

thanks in advance for any help.

-cory
Old 04-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: adding channels to custom fader groups

Adding tracks is easy on D-Control. With the Custom switch still lit and Custom Faders displaying your pre-existing Custom Fader group simply press the Edit switch at the top of the Bank Select Matrix. Add new tracks by press their respective Sel switch. To remove tracks, press their lit Sel switch out in the "normal fader" section (not the Sel switch when displayed in the Custom Fader section) or better yet, hold the Set to Default switch and press the Sel switch of the track in the Custom Fader group. When done, press Edit to save the Custom Fader group.

If you're on D-Command, get back into Edit mode by pressing Command and Custom. Same method as above except the Set to Default switch on D-Command is called Default.

Cheers,

Miwokman
Old 11-13-2017, 02:52 PM

There's a way to add/define channels to a custom fader group if you are using all the faders for custom faders? for example: you have an icon system with 32 channels on the left and zero on the right. You want 32 channels for custom faders banks. No way to assign channels to the custom fader banks because there aren't NORMAL faders from which to choose on the d-control (or d-command). No way to add channels from PRO TOOLS on the computer using mouse and keyboard?
Old 11-13-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Magus View Post
There's a way to add/define channels to a custom fader group if you are using all the faders for custom faders? for example: you have an icon system with 32 channels on the left and zero on the right. You want 32 channels for custom faders banks. No way to assign channels to the custom fader banks because there aren't NORMAL faders from which to choose on the d-control (or d-command). No way to add channels from PRO TOOLS on the computer using mouse and keyboard?
Yep on D control -first select all the tracks you want in the custom fader group (you can do this from the screen with the mouse if you want or on the desk), then clear the custom fader group you want those tracks assigned to [control+ alt+ command +the custom fader group key# -you will be asked to confirm you want to delete the custom fader group (you do)], then press the 'edit' key twice. you will be asked to name the custom fader group -job done.

Hope this helps

Bruno