Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-09-2017, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Plugin Collective

Well I was thinking you had to choose one from the three shown but in fact they give you all three

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 11-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Useful collection! I bought the Rhodes a while back when it was in promo at the Plugin Boutique, the serial numbers of the other two were automatically activated today. Now I have an extra serial for the Rhodes
Old 12-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Free Positive Grid plug-ins

08 Dec 2017

Plug-in Collective is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving

Not everyone has a choice of mics and an amp that goes to 11. That's why we're bringing back popular Positive Grid plug-ins BIAS FX LE and BIAS Amp LE for our registered hardware customers, now with reverb! The Plug-in Collective offer runs from 8 December 2017 right up until 1 February 2018, which should give you plenty of time to register gear, if you haven't already.

Six pedals, three amps and three presets come with BIAS FX LE, a partnership between Positive Grid and Focusrite that offers a free version of the BIAS FX guitar effects processor. BIAS Amp LE, however, gives you a taste of the full-blown BIAS Amp Pro amp modeller – one of the most popular and best-sounding guitar amp plug-ins in the industry. The new built-in reverb provides four classic reverb modes including room, chamber, hall and modulated plate reverb.

BIAS Amp is the world’s most accurate, thorough and versatile guitar-amp modeller and designer. Its advanced amp-modelling engine captures the warmth and feel of real tube amps in every aspect, component by component. BIAS Amp is fully customisable: easily create amp models by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create your own custom amps and unique signature sound. You can share and download thousands of custom amp models on the cloud via ToneCloud, Positive Grid’s cloud-based tone community.

If you’re looking for an amazing guitar tone to help build your signature sound, don’t miss this chance to get the free plug-ins by registering our hardware. Below is a list of everything that comes with BIAS FX LE and BIAS Amp LE.

BIAS FX LE features

Pedals

Treble Booster (Boost)
808OD (Drive)
EQ6 (EQ)
Chorus (Mod)
Delay (Delay)
Digital Reverb (Reverb)
Amps

'77 Silver Tone (Low Gain)
'69 Plexiglas (Crunch)
'92 Treadplate (Hi Gain)
Presets

Default Hi Gain
Default Crunch
Default Clean
BIAS Amp LE features

20 factory presets in five genres (glassy, blues, crunch, metal, bass)
Tweak the standard preamp of each amp preset. Swap preamp tubes and adjust tube stages, distortion and bias
Save the amps in each genre category without limitation
Preview ToneCloud presets
Integrate amps with BIAS FX LE
Four classic reverb modes including room, chamber, hall and modulated plate reverb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BIAS-news-header_2.jpg (43.5 KB, 0 views)

Old 12-08-2017, 10:39 AM

These look like some updates to the plugins/apps if you have them already or else grab them if not.

Bit dissapointed not updates yet to the Pro Series EQs yet. I reported that the plugin settings were not being recalled back in June of this year. Still no change

Really, it's 2017 and a plugin should be able to save it settings and recall them in a Pro Tools Session. As it is they still come up with something else

Here's was their reply back then.

"Mike Lee (Positive Grid)
Jul 18, 16:03 CST

Hi Stephen,
Sorry for the late update,

1.I was informed that we might need more resource/time to fix the issues of Pro Series plugins,

I would suggest you to save your plugin settings as presets of the plugin via the plugin UI as a workaround for the time being,

2.I can totally understand if you want to get a refund for Pro Series EQ plugins,

Please let me know,
Thank you !
Kind Regards,
Mike
Positive Grid Support"

As I mentioned before, this is a real shame as there as I am getting some KILLER tones from these EQs, especially from the drive section. Something like the SoundToys Sie EQ but with extra flavours.

Anyhow, will check out the updates...

Stephen

Old 12-08-2017, 10:47 AM

This is how the Session is saved (note the corresponding EQ curve)

And this is how it comes back after reopening the Session

Note the curve displayed is all different and correspondingly sounds totally different. The parameters look the same but on inspection the narrow peak on the bass has changed to a high shelf, although they are displaying the correct ones.

Come on Positive Grid, get it together!

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 18.40.24.jpg (68.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 18.40.58.jpg (68.0 KB, 0 views)

Old 12-08-2017, 12:50 PM

The tube eq works fine but the input and out gain faders don't recall any settings. They said that was intended and thanks for your suggestion it will be considered blah blah... But wait! there's more...
https://youtu.be/S-noh3G_1LE
Old 12-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Slow load times and even lack of automation I can live with but recalling the wrong parameters is unforgivable!

Stephen

Old 12-25-2017, 07:19 PM

Good news; saving the settings as a preset works as a "workaround".

Bad news; that doesn't work on the input/output sliders on the bottom.

Good news; Positive Grid are giving it away for free now! (for a limited time?)

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 02-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Free AudioThing software
08 Feb 2018
And 50% discount
We've unveiled a new offer for our Plug-in Collective community from 8 February to 29 March: free AudioThing software Valve Exciter, Valve Filter and SR-88 with a 50% discount off AudioThing’s other plug-ins and sample libraries. Registered Focusrite hardware users can access the free software and discount from their Focusrite accounts.

Valve Exciter (normally costs €45) is a Harmonic Enhancer plug-in with vintage valve emulation. The exciter section features hand-tuned filters with the ability to sweep the centre frequencies via the Harmonics knob. The valve section is modelled after a softer custom version of the vintage Telefunken ECC83 tubes with drive, triode/pentode mode and bias settings.

Valve Filter VF-1 (normally costs €25) is a multimode resonant filter plug-in with vintage valve emulation. The filter section is modelled after a classic ladder filter with low-pass and high-pass modes. The valve section is modelled after the vintage Telefunken ECC83 tubes but with added grit and custom gain control. Valve Filter works great from subtle warbles to full-track filtering effects.

SR-88 (normally costs €29) is a sample-based plug-in emulation of the Sound Master Memory Rhythm SR-88, a rare analogue drum machine from the 80s. The instrument features five classic analogue sounds: Kick, Snare, Hi Hat 1, Hi Hat 2, and Cymbal, which can be pitched, panned or mixed independently. You can additionally shape the sound with the Low Pass Filter (Zero Delay Feedback), Overdrive, Compressor and Reverb. The sequencer lets you easily build patterns that can be dragged and dropped to your DAW/host.

Plug-in Collective is the community between you, Focusrite and the biggest software brands. Keeping up to date with the tidal wave of releases is vital if you want to find great plug-ins – and Plug-in Collective will do it for you, enabling you to download free software and benefit from the best discounts.

All you have to do is register Focusrite gear, and one offer will be featured in your Focusrite account every couple of months. Nobody else works with software manufacturers like Focusrite, giving users all the right plug-ins for their next production.

AudioThing is an audio software company focused on audio plug-ins (VST, AU, AAX) and sample libraries. It was founded in 2011 by composer, sound designer and programmer Carlo Castellano, and has been producing and developing audio products since then. AudioThing is essentially a one-person business, and works closely with a couple of very talented freelancers (sound designers, graphic designers, DSP programmers, etc).

AudioThing is committed to developing professional yet affordable audio plug-ins for every kind of composer, producer and sound designer. It offers a wide range of audio plug-ins, from vintage valve emulation to complex convolution processing effects, analogue drum machine emulations, and also unusual and rare sample libraries.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:07 AM

Incase you missed it

This Month's Plug-in Collective Offer: Sound Radix
Free Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie plug-in, developed exclusively for Focusrite customers, and 25% discount off SurferEQ 2 from 29 March to 3 May.

SurferEQ 2 Boogie features three bands, two of which can be switched to Shelf mode, while the centre band can be switched between Surf and Static mode. Surf mode tracks the pitch of a monophonic instrument or a vocal source and can adapt its bands' frequencies relative to the music in real time, maintaining the natural harmonic balance of the sound source and making it possible to shape the source's timbre relative to the notes being played.

View the full features

Take Advantage
To take advantage of this offer simply register your Focusrite product or log in to your account on or before the 3rd May 2018.

Follow the instructions at the top of your account page to enable you to access these great deals.

Please be aware that this offer will not be available after 3rd May 2018.

This is actually a pretty good and unique plugin so well worth getting if you didn't first time round. I'm just hoping some new offers will be coming up soon from Focusrite?

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soundradix-landing-update.jpg (35.9 KB, 0 views)