Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Cannot Get ProTools Express to Hear/Put Out Anything

First of all I have 0 experience in Protools

***WINDOWS 10 not MAC***

My Setup:
-AVID Fast Track Solo
-Protools Express
-Guitar plugged into Fast Track Solo, then USB into computer. I have a sound bar set up for my computer (generic style)
-I do have ASIO4ALL
-I do have the correct driver

Things I have done:
-Downloaded the Fast Track SOLO Driver(checked and re-downloaded 3 times)
-Reset my input/output/bus beyond enough times, and rebooted everything multiple times

Problems:
-I have my guitar hooked up to the Fast Track Solo, it does turn on when plugged in, and gives me the lights it should when receiving sound. Protools does not recognize ANY of this and won't send it to my computer at all. I cannot hear this on my speakers, in headphones directly/indirectly plugged in. Protools does not even show that it has sound coming though.
-Even though I have ASIO4ALL I do not have even on option to use the drop down menu in the sound drive options. It will only use my Fast Track Solo ASIO option, no drop down at all.
-Recording picks up nothing as a result of no sound going through my computer.
-I do receive sound through other programs, nothing recording related. I can even play music while my audio interface is plugged in.

I have been at this for a week and it is very frustrating to get working. All I really want is to record a few tracks, nothing fancy. I now I am missing something very obvious, just not sure what.

*One side note is that I have tried with and without my amps hooked up, going in the amp, and connecting the interface to the headphones out on the amp. I have no idea if you should do this or not, or if it is relevant.

*I have looked at quite a few articles on multiple sites for this subject, and none have really met the criteria of my issue. Most had to deal with the drop down menu for sound cards and selecting ASIO4ALL, though I have no drop down menu, just the one.

Last edited by GhostChill4545; 02-17-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Cannot Get ProTools Express to Hear/Put Out Anything

Figured out what the problem was. I had my interface plugged into my computer and tried to get audio through the computer. What fixed the whole issue was (1) Getting an RCA cable and running it to my speaker directly or (2) plugging the amp INTO the interface's headphone jack, I had the guitar to the amp then the guitar jack.

Hopefully this mess up for me helps someone else!