Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2018, 01:24 PM

Default HELP! Mackie Profx12 on pro tools

A while back I bought the USB Mackie Profx12 mixer. I’ve been trying to hook it up with Pro Tools but it won’t let me record through it. It shows up on the hardware and playback engine but I the input and output stills say M-track (my old audio interface) I’ve tried resetting to default on the i/o but I don’t think it seems to work. Will somebody please help with this!

Btw. I have a Mac mini running High Serra.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:48 PM

Default Re: HELP! Mackie Profx12 on pro tools

With the interface selected as play back engine.

Create a new empty session.

Then select all the paths in Setup>IO>{Input/Output/Bus} pages and delete them, then click the Default button on each page. Do you now see the correct names?

All this is just names, you should still see the interface input 1 works by using whatever input 1 is baned as... the actual names make no difference.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
With the interface selected as play back engine.

Create a new empty session.

Then select all the paths in Setup>IO>{Input/Output/Bus} pages and delete them, then click the Default button on each page. Do you now see the correct names?

All this is just names, you should still see the interface input 1 works by using whatever input 1 is baned as... the actual names make no difference.
The playback engine is set as the USB mixer. I went to I/O and hit default on output and now it says “front left/ Front right”. I went over to input and hit default and everything disappeared
Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleeddy View Post
The playback engine is set as the USB mixer. I went to I/O and hit default on output and now it says “front left/ Front right”. I went over to input and hit default and everything disappeared
Your mixer is only a 2x2 interface. Do the outputs that show up work to play back some pre-recorded audio? Even if inputs 1&2 are not showing up in IO when you default it you can manually create/name two mono inputs (call them anything you want) and use them.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-31-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:22 PM

Will I need my M-Audio 2x2 interface to use the profx12 mixer? I called Mackie today to see if they could help and they told me I did not need my m-audio interface because the mixer would take the place of it. so I do not have it plugged into the computer. Only the mixer is plugged into the computer via USB. On the input of the tracks when I have just the mixer plugged in, all i get is "bus". I cant click on interface. Under bus the first thing on there says "M-Track Channel 1 - (Mono) - Path Inactive
Old 10-31-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Your mixer is only a 2x2 interface. Do the outputs that show up work to play back some pre-recorded audio? Even if inputs 1&2 are not showing up in IO you can manually create/name two mono inputs (call them anything you want) and use them.

Will I need my M-Audio 2x2 interface to use the profx12 mixer? I called Mackie today to see if they could help and they told me I did not need my m-audio interface because the mixer would take the place of it. so I do not have it plugged into the computer. Only the mixer is plugged into the computer via USB. On the input of the tracks when I have just the mixer plugged in, all i get is "bus". I cant click on interface. Under bus the first thing on there says "M-Track Channel 1 - (Mono) - Path Inactive
Old 10-31-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Your mixer is only a 2x2 interface. Do the outputs that show up work to play back some pre-recorded audio? Even if inputs 1&2 are not showing up in IO you can manually create/name two mono inputs (call them anything you want) and use them.
And yes the outputs do work to play back pre recorded stuff
Old 10-31-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleeddy View Post
And yes the outputs do work to play back pre recorded stuff
Then you are set.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Then you are set.
But I Cant plug my microphone into the mixer and record. check your messages I sent you a message. I need to talk to some one over the phone like you that kinda has an idea about thiss
Old 10-31-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Then you are set.
I want to just use the mixer. I want to basically use it as an audio interface. I can hear stuff through it but I cant plug in a microphone and record.