Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Default Eleven Rack just being difficult

Howdy,

I'm running PT 11.3.2 HDX Windows 7 64 Bit .

The rack used to work a good 65% of the time. The other 35% I would have to do the trick whereby you delete the Eleven Rack folder in your AppData to
make it work again.

I just installed EuControl with the ArtistMix and MC Transport.
Now the rack just fails all the time.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Hey AVID! Maybe update the drivers and software!!! Two years is more than enough time to make it foolproof, maybe.

I'm lamenting how Avid dropped support for the Eleven Rack within PT.
I also doubt that it was due to "overwhelming demand" from the user base.
I'll bet it was just too plain hard to do and they just said..."screw it".

Thanks, folks in advance if anyone else has solved this issue.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack just being difficult

I doubt folks here can guess exactly what problem you are having. Why don’t you describe that or point to a previous post doing that.

Avid software updates are not likely to help you running on ancient Windows 7. If Avid did a significant update on Windows I would not be surprised if they drop Windows 7 support.

The Eleven Rack audio drivers are running OK (well OK you are using HDX) and it’s just the Editor? What versions of everything are you running?

The stand alone editor was a very nice move with Avid listening to its users. The Eleven Rack is so long in the tooth and likely had no long term future that while I like them I would not get too hopeful for future Ugrades/support. They are what they are. Really low cost but nice boxes. Worse case, they work without any editor.... I hope for long term audio driver support. If not, oh well we have AES/EBU...
Old 12-04-2018, 10:36 AM

Ha!
I guess "being difficult" is kinda vague.

The editor loads the settings. However, when I try to maximize the window to use it the window doesn't respond.

Yes, Windows 7 is "ancient" (as is the Eleven Rack). However, Windows 7 works, it's stable and is not subject to Windows 10 updates that will delete your files. But we're not here to debate Windows versions.

OK, well thanks for your response.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Have you looked at the “additional workarounds” here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...s-systems-only

BTW anybody using Windows 10 should be on Windows 10 Pro with auto updates disabled. But yes Microsoft has been screwing that pooch recently.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:28 PM

Oh yeah... been there.

What's been working today is opening the editor window and leaving it open the entire day. If I close it out it seems to not want to re-open.

Man, if that's all I have to do, I'll be quite happy!

I have a Windows 10 Surface laptop and it will still push some updates but I would definitely try and turn off as many updates as you can.

The Surface is SO messed up by updates. The WiFi is screwy, the calendar doesn't pop up if you click it in the bottom of the taskbar... etc etc
Old 12-04-2018, 06:50 PM

You can block the updates effectively if you have real Windows 10 Professional on a PC. The Surface is crippled crapware that you can't stop doing this.