Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Default It doesn't feel good…Avid

Several threads have been deleted. People discuss about things you don't want to hear. So it seems.

Many threads about urgent user requests are degraded to small talks about the weather by you - AVID! (or how shall I understand it: …it's on the list…we know about it…etc. and nothings happens for years, e.g. MIDI Timing problems, Midi Sustain Pedal issues, missing shortcuts for generating and handling of playlists, etc., etc., etc.) I mean the obviously easier to realize things.

I totally miss an atmosphere of inspiration, enthusiasm and devotion for your main audio product - AVID!

Or shall I say I miss humor and gentleness?

The DUC consist of many people who have spent thousands and thousands…
Please show more partnership and less mastery DIGI - pardon AVID!

I'm sorry for my weak English - I try to express my frustration and the frustration of many friends and pro tools users in my network.

Thanks for hearing -AVID.

http://www.4tune.at
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Avid

Default Re: It doesn't feel good…Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tune View Post
Several threads have been deleted. People discuss about things you don't want to hear. So it seems.

Many threads about urgent user requests are degraded to small talks about the weather by you - AVID! (or how shall I understand it: …it's on the list…we know about it…etc. and nothings happens for years, e.g. MIDI Timing problems, Midi Sustain Pedal issues, missing shortcuts for generating and handling of playlists, etc., etc., etc.) I mean the obviously easier to realize things.

I totally miss an atmosphere of inspiration, enthusiasm and devotion for your main audio product - AVID!

Or shall I say I miss humor and gentleness?

The DUC consist of many people who have spent thousands and thousands…
Please show more partnership and less mastery DIGI - pardon AVID!

I'm sorry for my weak English - I try to express my frustration and the frustration of many friends and pro tools users in my network.

Thanks for hearing -AVID.
Some threads were deleted at the original posters request, while others were deleted because they violated the DUC TOS.

As I keep saying - we're not out here randomly deleting threads just because we don't like them and we know deleting threads isn't in our best interest when it can be avoided. Violations of DUC TOS are really the only time we are bound to do it and, even then, it's only when it's clearly in violation or the poster has 'pushed the edge' of it a little too often.

We, like you, would much prefer a community of partnership.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Some threads were deleted at the original posters request, while others were deleted because they violated the DUC TOS.

As I keep saying - we're not out here randomly deleting threads just because we don't like them and we know deleting threads isn't in our best interest when it can be avoided. Violations of DUC TOS are really the only time we are bound to do it and, even then, it's only when it's clearly in violation or the poster has 'pushed the edge' of it a little too often.

We, like you, would much prefer a community of partnership.
Call Sweetwater and ask them to give Brad his job back, then we will be partners.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Call Sweetwater and ask them to give Brad his job back, then we will be partners.
Barry,

Enough with the drama, already. Brad is a grown up who needs to deal with his bad choices. I'm sure he will be fine. There's always room somewhere for a salesman who can turn numbers, no matter what you or I may or may not think about him. Next time, maybe he'll sell more and "market" less.

This is all so tired already. I'm happy with Avid/Digi's products. They are tools that help me make my living. I'm happy with my Sweetwater rep, and for my part (that means me and not anyone else), I'll probably do more business with Sweetwater in light of recent developments.

I feel fine, Avid.

Best wishes.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
I've read everything about what happened, and I really feel this is/was between Brad and Sweetwater and Avid has nothing to do with it.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:45 PM

Did someone say "Hijack"
Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 AM

And what does Digi/Avid have to say about MIDI problems and Playlist shortcuts....:

" "
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceK View Post
I've read everything about what happened, and I really feel this is/was between Brad and Sweetwater and Avid has nothing to do with it.
Avid is innocent in this I do believe.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Avid is innocent in this I do believe.
Thanks Brad, please end all the conspiracy theories now please.

Back to OP. Digi are extremely lenient on this forum IMHO. Whatever about recent events there have been other mammoth threads with heated / controversial topics that lasted months, they werent actually deleted but moved to misc.

Mac Pro 3.3 hexacore
24 gb RAM
Lion
PT 10 HD Native
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tune View Post
Hi,

The only threads/post i have ever seen deleted are those that have inappropriate or damming comments! that have nothing to do with Avid/Digi products.

In my opinion there are still some damming personal comments that should be removed from certain threads.

Never have i seen posts deleted that discuss problems, bugs or shortfalls in the equipment! more than any other forum the DUC has always been a place where these issues can be discussed without the mods constantly deleting the posts. go try that on the Apple or Cubase forums!!!!!

And how did this thread get to midi and playlist issues

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.