Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Default PT8LE crashing on shut-down

I've been using PT8LE for well over a year now with no troubles at all. Now tonight I had an issue, and I hope there is an easy answer and that I'm not super-screwed.
When I saved of my work and shut down, it took longer than usual and I wondered. When It looked like it shut down at last I got a message telling me that Pro Tools had shut down unexpectedly. So I shut down my computer and did a re-start and upon doing that I no longer see Pro Tools in my dock, in fact I didn't see it anywhere. When I clicked on a .ptf file in my data however it did fire up and run, and it looked and acted normal when it did, but when I shut that down it also wouldn't shut down right and I got the same "shut down unexpectedly" message. Does anyone know what is going on, and what I have to do to fix it?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:34 AM

Default Re: PT8LE crashing on shut-down

No help exactly, but I've seen it from time to time also, the "unexpectedly quit" when I quit. I never really worried too much about it, didn't affect anything, so...

Perhaps the old 'trash prefs and database' would help.

Installed any new plugins lately?

The dock should show a PT icon when PT is running, to have it there all the time find the PT app in the applications folder and drag it to the dock.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM

Default Re: PT8LE crashing on shut-down

Thanks, well I went ahead and did the things suggested, as far as deleting the database and preference files and things seem to be ok now. I put the program back into my dock and I can breathe again. I worked a bunch with it today and it seems to be just fine and no more issues.