Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-03-2016, 08:13 AM

Default Crossfades distorting and export errors... Serious issue!

Kinda freaky situation: PT 12.4 HD Native on a Mac Pro Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 32GB memory OSX 10.11.2 running a 32bit 96kHz session on healthy SSD with plenty of space.

When I consolidate a crossfade between two tracks for a gap-less CD release, using e.g. hard in, I get distorted audio:

The result:
Surely there must be plenty of headroom withing the 32bit 96kHz domain and I have seen it happen before several years ago (see the tread here) but never got an answer. Even trying a different Audiosuite renders (EQ set to default, or DC offset removal) doesn't change a thing. Only recording it on a new track works.

But what is even more disturbing, is when I have exported the files, crossfades are simply missing (although tracks are fully consolidated within PT) and even broken apart: the end of a track gets repeated on the start of the next.

Just to make sure: I'm using a totally different system than back in the days, no cracked stuff, healthy system.
When I cannot trust my exports to be *exactly* what I have in Pro Tools, I'm toast....
Old 01-03-2016, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Crossfades distorting and export errors... Serious issue!

Hi Arno,
I feel for you. A work around for you might be to render the crossfades on a new duuplicated playlist. To render, select the audio files and press opt-shift-3. This should render the fades at least. It might get you through your work for the day. Persoanally, I had to revert back to 11.3.2 because it was getting embarrassing to have things go astray with a client present. "Hobby" tools.