Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Digi MIDI i/o Duplicated and greyed in Audio/Midi setup

I need to add that also, my MOTU USB MIDI interface did indeed have a low battery(I purchased it new, but how long did the seller have it in the box?). I did test for this, but I don't think I left the interface powered off long enough before powering it back on again to see if changed settings were kept. So after pulling the interface out of the rack, and opening it up and replacing the Lithium battery, all appears to be well and no more extra interface instances in the MIDI settings window.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM

Has anyone found a fix for this duplicating AMS interface Icon? I have the same problem with my MBox Pro 3 via Firewire to a new iMac 27" and PT9 v9.1.6. I can see this has been around a while, although I do not have to do any reconnecting as my MIDI IF is USB from a Roland GR55, and I do not use the MBoxPro for that at all. When I do on occasion go into AMS there are hundreds of Ghosts, duplicated, MBox Icons going off to the right that can take some time to delete. It does not seem to effect function; but, it does cause concern some thing is not right.
Please let me know if you found a fix!
Best,
Seth
Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Thomas View Post
Has anyone found a fix for this duplicating AMS interface Icon? I have the same problem with my MBox Pro 3 via Firewire to a new iMac 27" and PT9 v9.1.6. I can see this has been around a while, although I do not have to do any reconnecting as my MIDI IF is USB from a Roland GR55, and I do not use the MBoxPro for that at all. When I do on occasion go into AMS there are hundreds of Ghosts, duplicated, MBox Icons going off to the right that can take some time to delete. It does not seem to effect function; but, it does cause concern some thing is not right.
Please let me know if you found a fix!
Best,
Seth
yep, pita!
i launch AMsetup first , then PT... i also have one phantom MIDI IF.
connect your ext MIDI mods to both reg and phantom IF's ....
seems to work..

Mac Pro:
PT 11.3.2 HD native, MIDI IO, 96IO
Mac Pro Desktop 4,1 osx 10.11.6., 8 Core 2.26GHz 2009 Intel Xeon MB535LL/A 16GB RAM 640GB HD ATI 4870
-----
MBP:
OS 10.11.6, MacBookPro 5,1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Memory: 8 GB Bus Speed:1.07 GHz, Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06, SMC Version (system):1.33f8
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
That would definitely be the next step.

Is it becoming greyed out while the computer is on? If so, that would indicate a mis-communication or loss of communication on the USB bus - maybe due to a low power situation (which the PSU would help). Do you have a lot of other USB devices connected?
The same thing happens to my set up since the beginning.
MBoxPro3
iMac 27 12,2
GR55 with Godin 13 pin, and USB MIDI to iMac directly.

I do not even use the MBoxPro for MIDI, only the Roland GR55 via USB. The MBox shows up in AMS MIDI Window, and duplicates forever with all greyed out except the last one yards to the right in that window.
I did not think about the USB being the problem. Which USB port do you recommend to use on this iMac 27” 12,2 mid-2011? I have already tried everything else suggested here, such as trashes the various prefs.
Best,
Seth
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Thumbs down Re: Digi MIDI i/o Duplicated and greyed in Audio/Midi setup

Quote:
The same thing happens to my set up since the beginning.
MBoxPro3
iMac 27 12,2
GR55 with Godin 13 pin, and USB MIDI to iMac directly.

I do not even use the MBoxPro for MIDI, only the Roland GR55 via USB. The MBox shows up in AMS MIDI Window, and duplicates forever with all greyed out except the last one yards to the right in that window.
I did not think about the USB being the problem. Which USB port do you recommend to use on this iMac 27” 12,2 mid-2011? I have already tried everything else suggested here, such as trashes the various prefs.
Best,
Seth
someone suggested putting the midi driver in the home library folder instead of the library in the root of the boot drive. i tried it, seemed to work for a bit, but then back to the old phantom IF in AM setup..

i have a pow supply connected to the midi io, and its direct to a usb port on the macpro.. im my conflict i think it's the driver desigin or the rom design in the midi io...maybe thats why it could never be fixed with a firm update..

Mac Pro:
Mac Pro Desktop 4,1 osx 10.11.6., 8 Core 2.26GHz 2009 Intel Xeon MB535LL/A 16GB RAM 640GB HD ATI 4870
-----
MBP:
OS 10.11.6, MacBookPro 5,1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Memory: 8 GB Bus Speed:1.07 GHz, Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06, SMC Version (system):1.33f8
Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM

Now that is one I have not heard. Moving the MBox driver to user Library folder, rather than root directory.
I tried moving USB from GR55 to the highest level listed under System Info for USB, which is under the iCam; but, this did not change anything. I even disconnected the USB GR55 MIDI connection, and used only the MIDI on the MBoxPro, and connected the AMS virtual cables to its External ins. However, on the very next open of AMS MIDI Window all those MIDI connections were now made to an MBox ghost -greyed out, non functional, and the active MBox icon moved over one to the right with nothing connected to it. So, it appears if I ever intended on using the MBoxPro for MIDI I would have to reconnect everything each time. No wonder folks are complaining about this. For me it is troublesome, as it reflects something is not right somewhere, and could lead to more problems down the trail. However, the only thing that has happpened since last September are a plethora of MBox ghosts that I delete to tiddy things up in AMS Window.
Best,
Seth
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Now that is one I have not heard. Moving the MBox driver to user Library folder, rather than root directory.
I tried moving USB from GR55 to the highest level listed under System Info for USB, which is under the iCam; but, this did not change anything. I even disconnected the USB GR55 MIDI connection, and used only the MIDI on the MBoxPro, and connected the AMS virtual cables to its External ins. However, on the very next open of AMS MIDI Window all those MIDI connections were now made to an MBox ghost -greyed out, non functional, and the active MBox icon moved over one to the right with nothing connected to it. So, it appears if I ever intended on using the MBoxPro for MIDI I would have to reconnect everything each time. No wonder folks are complaining about this. For me it is troublesome, as it reflects something is not right somewhere, and could lead to more problems down the trail. However, the only thing that has happpened since last September are a plethora of MBox ghosts that I delete to tiddy things up in AMS Window.
Best,
Seth
I have only heard of this with the MIDI IO IF... now your having it with the mbox! Is that an old IF?
have you tried launching AM setup before PT? that seems to lock in the connection with the MIDI IO for me...
If that mbox is a newer IF , you might bring this up with avid...

Mac Pro:
-----
MBP:
Old 05-11-2012, 12:41 PM

It is the relatively new MBoxPro 3; and, I tried launching AMS 1st, but this did not change anything. I also tried connecting MIDI Devices to both the real/active and one phantom; but, no go here either.
Best,
Seth
Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM

I also tried moving the MBox MIDI driver’s location as suggested here; but, no go again…. dang!
Best,
Seth
Old 05-11-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I also tried moving the MBox MIDI driver’s location as suggested here; but, no go again…. dang!
Best,
Seth
is there a separate IF driver for the mbox? is there an udated one?
have you tried removing the gr55 driver?
could be a conflict?

Mac Pro:
-----
MBP: