Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Customer support with Amplitude

i waited to post this but my frustration started last week...i somehow lost my authorization for Amplitude which was included in my 002 pkg and i enjoyed using for a few yrs now...suddenly my amplitude was in demo mode and white noise is randomly generated....i logged on ikmultimedia website and was issued a new auth code but after many attempts realized they have something wrong on their end with digital id issues and i need to talk to a REAL PERSON live to fix this which in reality would probably take 5 minutes....i emailed them...no response after several days...i called several times and left my number on their automated answering device no response after several days....i called again today and heard the voice once again say we will get back to you SHORTLY...no response...i can imagine when they do finally call i wont be here and the cycle will continue.....i cant believe in this day of modern technology we as purchasers and users have to put up with this kind of non existent customer support....why should it take a week or more of my time to talk to someone on the phone...this is bs and we as consumers shouldnt have to tolorate this kind of treatment....go to the ikmultimedia website and guess what their motto is...Musicians First...if they are that backed up taking care of customers with problems like mine they need to change something on their end by hiring more ppl or whatever..there has to be a better way
Old 12-12-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Customer support with Amplitude

guess what...they called............guess what...i wasnt home and they left a number and told me to call back.....guess what.i called back and got the automated recording saying please leave a msg and we'll get back to you ...boy was that hard to predict how that was all gonna play out.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 AM

Still waiting on 12/17 for them to contact me
Old 12-19-2007, 06:10 PM

well finally today support called me and as i said in the first post it took just a cpl minutes for him to fix it and get me runnin....i guess my thinking still is if support is that busy business must be booming so hire more ppl so it dont take 2 weeks to call someone back....im happy its working again though.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 PM

hey, by your own account they called back the next day....I had a similar experience w/ IK lately, but it all worked out in the end. Remember, we haven't paid for these plug-ins either, so in the grand scheme f things it's not so bad. You should talk to some of the people who've spent thousands of dollars on Waves and get a major runaround on tech support.

www.guyfi.com
www.flystudiosmilwaukee.com