Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2017, 02:53 PM

Default Going crazy over sound-quality in PT vs Logic

I'm frustrated with my 002, I always have been! I have used GarageBand and mixes sound better through it! If I would've been in the right frame of mind when I bought it, it would've been different! Please don't get me wrong, I like Pro Tools, I'm just getting frustrated with the sound quality I'm getting out of it!

Llm is a hugh improvement in sound quality. I use decent mic's, great pre's, eq, comp is ok, converter's are great! I've optimized my computer to the best of my knowledge, computer is decent.

Apple has a lot of money to throw at their product's and I'm not sure about Avid, I'm assuming their money is a little tighter than Apple's. It takes hard work to get my mixes to sound the way I want them to. The more I work with Pro Tools, the 002, and other gear, I will learn more about how it work's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nate9; 09-15-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Going crazy over sound-quality in PT vs Logic

Question - How does LLM affect sound quality?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:40 PM

It reduces the amount sound latency going in/out of Pro Tools.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:03 PM

I know what you mean about quality, that's what I was trying to say earlier.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:06 AM

Correct it reduces the latency, so it has nothing to do with the Quality of AD or DA conversion

That quality is all on your interface, a poor interface will have a poor sound in Logic, S1 any DAW you use.

Buy an Apogee and your "Quality" issues will magically disappear
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:17 PM

I have a apogee 8 ch, I have it at the last in my chain. I had wired going out 002 back in to apogee then back out to central station, I switched it back just going out of 002 to central station, sound's better that way!

Old 03-26-2018, 01:06 PM

I Am a nigeria we deal with quality before any one can give attention to your music ...Let me tell you the secret of quality nobody will tell you..when it come to audio quality and daw. You having protools ,logic ,cubase and Sadie. Let leave the soundcard and other card aside and let talk about quality .. For exam in mixing first to consider are (1)utra transparency meaning the DAW is neutral and doesn't Change your sound to the manufacturing taste when creating the Daw (2) Algorithm ...calculus behind the Daw creation ..maths and latency and digital curve ,response and blend.(3) Depth and little tone and phatness (4) modern creation and philosophy of the Daw. .... Protools is good in balance, transparent enough for every Soundcard to achieve your desired musical shape or scope of sound as intended before mixing ...more creativity in that aspect.Best algorithms and calculus ...but because of trying to be too accurate in calculation it will require separate unit to boost the quality that is why it doesn't work alone without a box or card to compensate it..but because of you feel it sound more musical you will feel its sounding better..but it lack sonic and the philosophy is still an old philosophy and it affect the modern quality in the new age. So cause you use protocols you gonna be using a modern computer and you should know that that will still help a little that why you having to do with the core or asio of the computer making it better..
Old 03-26-2018, 01:21 PM

Logic ....logic is a Mac platform a good Mac is 1000$ more than windows so it having a good quality in built component ..that why a logic sound to u..come out better and you feel is sound good ....the but? Why is it no working on window. Its because most window operating systems are crap...but so high end are great..apple logic will not let these logic generation to work on windows it will never do well and customer we no like it only the Mac users will have a better sound. Logic as a Daw when mixing (1) less depth ,modern feel because of the philosophy of the Daw manufactural (3) no good sonic ...not transparent enough to make other sound card sound the way u want you mix to sound as intended before mixing...algorithms is fairly ok as per cost compared to protool that why it an alternative to young internet producer and mixing engineers who lack experience
Old 03-26-2018, 01:32 PM

Sadie Daw ..highly professional with great quality sonic ,transparent for all sound card to work as you want your mix has intended, balance ..great algorithms ..good blend and curve in logical graph calculus .even if you put it I mean run it on old computer you will still notice the DAW quality ..also magic its like that but magix have bugs ...and it use by experience engineers
Old 03-26-2018, 01:34 PM

Sadie Daw ..highly professional with great quality sonic ,transparent for all sound card to work as you want your mix has intended, balance ..great algorithms ..good blend and curve in logical graph calculus .even if you put it I mean run it on old computer you will still notice the DAW quality ..also magic its like that but magix have bugs ...and it use by experience engineers and master engineer very high quality.