Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Default UN-accented click

Couldn't find anything in the archives, so....

Is there a way to take the accent out of the click completely, or do I just have to make my own? Most of my clients want the accent gone.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: UN-accented click

Can't you just set both levels to the same setting?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Yes, just set the levels the same.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:45 AM

Interesting thread, frankly I am amazed at the..., well let's be polite and say "lack of sophistication" of the click function. Some guys out there seem to have little idea of how important a proper click is. And not everybody needing a click has BFD or equivalent on their machine to be used as a sound generator

I *hate* click through MIDI modules because of latency issues, etc.. I would much prefer a pure TDM click, not native.

I would also like to have a click with :
- Obviously total control over accent (level, tune or sample)
- to be able to select the sounds (cowbell, rim etc.) a library of about 12 to 15 sounds would cover almost all cases
- ability to instanly change parameters *live* while recording or playing (quarter/ eight/sixtenth...)
- time shifting (negative or positive) to match tracks recorded with some MIDI latency
Pro Tools Ultimate & Carbon
M2 Max Studio
Old 07-02-2006, 05:50 AM

Buy TL Metro - that has what you're looking for.

Craig
Old 07-02-2006, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I would also like to have a click with :
- Obviously total control over accent (level, tune or sample)
- to be able to select the sounds (cowbell, rim etc.) a library of about 12 to 15 sounds would cover almost all cases
- ability to instanly change parameters *live* while recording or playing (quarter/ eight/sixtenth...)
- time shifting (negative or positive) to match tracks recorded with some MIDI latency
I think I need to sell my click template...

"Simply" import session data when you need it. If you need 8th notes, import the 8th note offset track. If you want unaccented, import that track... I also have tracks with 8th and 16th note shakers (very gentle - great for tracking acoustic guitar).

I should sell this -- or you can make it yourself in about 5 minutes. Make sure you quantize regions to grid.

I have never used the TDM click plugin. And forget about MIDI for sample accurate click. Make an audio click to the grid. It's worth the few minutes to make a few tracks of click that's suitable for your work, and then you have it forever.

Or you can buy my templates. But that would be a total waste of money when anyone could do this on their own in a few minutes.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:52 PM

I agree w/ Jeremy. If it's a drummer that needs the click, I just ask what his preference of sound is at the beginning of the session, import his sound and make the audio click track ... 2 minutes tops.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM

Does TL Metro allow you to automate how many clicks per bar there are? I'd like to be able to have part of a piece in quarter notes, and part of it in eighth notes. I know there are other ways to do this, but automation on this parameter would be useful for me.