How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 AM

Angry No way to download Protools

Hi all,
I have an ER bought in 2011 with PT LE 8.
I need to re-install it on a new computer. I'm logged in my avid account, I see my activated products like that :

Eleven Rack Expansion Pack
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack - Serialnumber: mySNhere 16/05/11
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack - SystemID: mynumberhere 16/05/11
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Read Me (PDF)0.11 MB download ›
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Installer Mac (Firmware v2.0.1)66.43 MB download ›
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Installer Windows (Firmware v2.0.1)78.4 MB download ›
Pro Tools 8 Third Party Content
Celemony Melodyne Essential: myCodehere 04/05/10
download
FXpansion BFD Lite v8 (Win)948.45 MB ›
FXpansion BFD Lite v8 (Mac)962.27 MB Télécharger ›
Celemony Melodyne Essential v8 (Win)24.23 MB ›
Celemony Melodyne Essential v8 (Mac)28.65 MB ›
Torq LE v8 (Win)209.93 MB ›
Torq LE v8 (Mac)234.52 MB ›

But no way to re-download my prootools LE 8 !!!!
I have my yellow Product registration Information Card and I'm trying to register it again but it seems that it's already done ... so am I stupid or...?
Actually my CD seems to be ok, but I have a CRC error while trying to reinstall it which ends the installation.
Not easy ...
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM

Default Re: No way to download Protools

So I'm trying to register my Protools LE 8 as a new product with my yellow card :

Eleven Rack
PT LE v8.0 MAC/WIN P/N THIS-CODE-HERE
Rev D

Sorry, the code you provided is invalid.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dlight View Post
So I'm trying to register my Protools LE 8 as a new product with my yellow card :

Eleven Rack
PT LE v8.0 MAC/WIN P/N THIS-CODE-HERE
Rev D

Sorry, the code you provided is invalid.
I'm going to guess that the message it returned about the code being invalid is due one of two reasons. A) the code is getting entered wrong somehow. EG a O is being entered as a zero or something like that. B) its been awhile since I had register anything but I think if you've already used the auth code it returns a message like "this product has already been registered" or something like that.

Is it possible to copy the CD on another computer and either copy it across a network or transfer it to a USB or thumb drive and run it from there?

Unfortunately any official AVID presence in the forums on the weekends is sparse.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-22-2012, 11:53 AM

Hi sunburst,

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried both 0 and O... nevertheless it seems the P/N is only made of numbers.
As written in "available product list", I have no PT registred just others Third Party stuffs.

Your idea to copy the disk somewhere else is good but it fails while copying on my harddrive :/
To be more precise the error message is about a CRC error with data2.cab, just like here :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300258
Old 12-22-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dlight View Post
Hi sunburst,

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried both 0 and O... nevertheless it seems the P/N is only made of numbers.
As written in "available product list", I have no PT registred just others Third Party stuffs.

Your idea to copy the disk somewhere else is good but it fails while copying on my harddrive :/
To be more precise the error message is about a CRC error with data2.cab, just like here :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300258
FWIW this is the message you get if the code is input correctly and the Code was used previously

"We are sorry, but this code has already been used to activate software, and can only be used once.

If you have previously used this code to activate your product, please check your account for your downloads and codes.

If this is the first time you've used this code and it shows as already used, please contact customer support"

I'm not sure if that helps but if you are entering the code correctly and its somehow been activated than you should see that. So if your not seeing that then its likely that A) its not taking the code and you've punched it in correctly or b) Theres still an issue with whats getting punched in. It's a fairly common problem and that the reason I'm mentioning it.

I'm suggesting trying to copy the media using the optical drive on a different computer than the one giving you CRC errors. In case I wasn't quite clear. That might eliminate the optical drive on your local computer as the source of the crc error. Make sure the disk is perfectly clean.

As far as entering the Auth Code you might try a different browser. Sometimes that helps. Make sure you have any spaces inserted correctly.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Didn't you have to specify when you purchased early versions of PT (like the op's 8le) that you also wanted it as a downloadable product in addition to the disc? So if the op didn't do that 8le wouldn't show up as an available download in his account.

As far as the error on the disc - has the op tried carefully cleaning the disc? Might be a piece of surface crud that can be carefully wiped off by going from in to out or out to in and never circular around the disc.

QAPLA!