Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 05-26-2019, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Not answering

Hi, guys. I´m crossing my fingers that i´ve found what caused the non-responding and such. I followed the advice to remove all plug-ins from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins and then put them back a few at a time. Eventide, fabfilter, izotope, soundtoys, softube, no problem, but as soon as added PSP the issues came back at once. PSP Nexcellence is causing access violation, instant shut down and seem to cause the freeze in track restoring. The non-responding also occur with PSP Springbox and 85. I tried running Nexcellence as VST, thru BC Patchwork, and it seem to work properly, but it eats upp my CPU. Regarding TAL it´s their free stuff, chorus LX and reverb-4, that i suspect don´t get along with my version of PT. The ever so great upside is that PT hasn´t frozen or gone into non-responsive mode since i un-installed these plug-ins.

The downside is that i really like the sound of Nexcellence and i like the 85 as well. I haven´t found the likes of them in any other plug-in. I´ve gone thru eventides ultra reverb, blackhole and 2016. I´ve had Fabfilters pro-R, softube´s tsar and i´ve tried lexicon. Now i´m using soundtoys little plate and it´s fine. I thought i would try out Softube´s spring reverb. D16 Toraverb2 is really lushious, but it automaticly turn my mono tracks to stereo. Is there a way around that? The same goes for Audioritys Xenoverb. I mean, they list as both mono and stereo, but ... now i got off topic.

Thank you all for helping me. Let´s hope for the best. Maybe i can get back to making music. Best regards / Jonas
Old 05-26-2019, 09:24 AM

If the plugins don’t provide a mono mode you cannot avoid this. Stereo is pretty much the goal of a physical space like reverb, once the plugin has that signal processing done folding back to mono may cause phasing issues you would not like.

Great you found the plugin issue, and thanks for providing details here to help others, please let the plugin developer know.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-26-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 AM

Update:

After following all of AVIDs advice (including deleting reference and workspace files, creating a second admin account on my computer and launching PT from it and, finally, sending AVID support crash reports and .dlog files and interface specifications) they got back to me that they can offer no fix for the issue at hand, more than that i should apply the plug-in and, when it works, freeze the track. PSP offered me a partiall refund instead and i took it and now i consider their plug-ins un-usable to me (at least at this stage, with this computer). I have found a couple of good replacements for Nexcellence and Springbox in Softubes Spring reverb and UADs AKG BX20. Still i feel that the PSP versions sound great and i would have preferred a solution to my issues, but ... they keep crashing my DAW.

Both AVID and PSP were interested in solving the issue and treated me with the up-most respect, i feel. Props to `em. / Jonas