Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Default Venue and PT10

we upgraded to PT 10 and cannot get them to talk to each other. Venue link is active but when you try to add a new session using Venue PT says that there is no I/O configured. I am NOT a PT user so I need the basics on how to do this.

Thanks

Scott
Old 03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Avid

Default Re: Venue and PT10

Hi SCott,

The first thing to check is that the I/O paths are in place. Before creating a new session, choose Setup > I/O within Pro Tools. For troubleshooting purposes I suggest you select all input paths, and delete them. Then click the default button. This effectively rebuilds the I/O setup. Do the same for output paths.

More info in the Live Recording Guide.

See p.16

Sheldon
Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Deleted all paths, hit default and zip zilch. Tried to open a previous PT file that was created in 9 and Export the I/O settings then using that in the new PT 10 file and still get a box that says "There are currently no interfaces in I/O Setup which are known to connect to Venue" and below that it says "If your interfaces have been connected to VENUE, open I/O setup, then double click on the interface name (such as "A") and change it to a name like "Stage 1 17" (meaning its inputs are connected to VENUE Stage Rack 1, beginning with input 17).

I did all that and it does not make any difference
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Update. When our IT department installed PT 10 they changed the playback engine to Built In Output, I switched it back to HD Native and all looks groovy now. I think I need to take a basic PT course.