Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Bouncing Issues...SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

MacBook Pro/002R (recording through external HD - which has been set-up through the Workspace as a Recordable volume)/10.4.9 Combo Update

So, here's my issue. I'm doing a Bounce To Disk (24-bit, 48k) with Convert After Bounce selected. I'm bouncing to my Desktop. It seems as though the bounce completes fine, until I get this dialog:

Could not complete the Bounce To Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33

WTF? I've never ever seen anything like this in my, God knows, how many PT years!! So naturally, I did the things that they always tell you to do...trash the stuff in the Digidesign Databases (volume, etc.). Still...nothing. So then I went looking for said "Assertion", only to come up empty (not that I thought I would be successful).

I tried copying the session to my system HD, but got the same result. Is it some kind of corruption in the audio files or the session?

So, now I turn to you guys. The gurus and shamans of my digital world.

I'm so confused. My client is pissed. I'm having to "Sub-Mix" the entire track to a stereo audio track and then "Export Files As". I mean, its basically doing the same thing, but its so very inconvenient. Please help? Someone?!?!?! I need an adult I need an adult!!

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Bouncing Issues...SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

I get these assertation errors ALL THE TIME!

Jeez.

The only remedy I've found is to slightly increase or decrease the bounce length by 15-20 milliseconds, more or less. Works EVERY time.

Also - Make certain you are using only one processor for RTAS. For PowerMac G5, anyway.

It's all a bit of vodoo as far as I can determine. My tricks work for me and a few others but not universal, to be certain.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 PM

I adjusted my playback options to use only one of the two processors in my MacBook Pro, and lo-and-behold it worked. Hmmm...I've never heard of this issue. Maybe I missed something.

Oh well. Thank you SO much for helping me with this. Looks like its not going to be as long a night as I had originally thought.

- michael
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 AM

I've found that reducing the playback buffer size usually solves this issue.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Avid

This is usually caused by having the DAE Playback Buffer at level 8 - try setting it at level 2 or 4 and the error should go away.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:59 PM

I have heard that if you delete the fades folder where the session you are working on is stored will fix that error as well. I had the same issue about a year and a half ago....deleted the fades folder and it seemed to work. I would try buffer settings first off though.