Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2002, 05:54 PM

Default MOVING TRACKS

HOW can you move existing tracks next to or any other location in the mixer?for example to move a track next to an other to have a stereo track next to eachother or simply make all drums next to eachother organized.
this is useful specialy if you import audio tracks that are scattered and unorganized,for example.
thanks guys.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:12 PM

Default Re: MOVING TRACKS

IF I understand you correctly, to move a track, just click on the track name and pull it up or down. When you do, you will see kind of like a blinking line to let you know where it is. Hope that helps. - Ryan
Old 08-29-2002, 11:44 PM

RYAN,thanks a lot ,its working now.

btw,would you know an easy way to link two tracks as stereo?so you could control the two tracks as one even tho its two tracks.paning,volume etc.like strings,piano etc.usualy linked as stereo.

thanks again.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:46 PM

Hi Levon,

for your question above you may want to group the tracks. This way they are always linked together.
I'm not at home, so I can't say that's the answer, but you may want to give it a shot.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:02 AM

LEVON,
pk's right...to get 2 or more tracks' faders to move as ONE, just hold down Shift, and click once on each track name you want in the group. Once they're all lit (even just 2), hit Ctrl/G and a window will open. Name the Group whatever you want, and now all the faders will move together.

Hint: After you've grouped them, to move just ONE of the faders, simply hold right click, and slide the single fader where you want it.

Hint2: To turn the Group off, click on the small arrow in the bottom left hand corner of the Edit Window (I think you called it the 'Mixer'), and click on the Group name. This will make it normal again...

~rh
Old 09-02-2002, 01:54 AM

ROY,THATS PERFECT IT WORKED .
but,another problem.when i move the pan ,in stereo it should move the left and right with equal proportions.in anotherwords if i move the right pan the left pan should move equaly at the same time.but in grouping its not doing that,any ideas?i thing this is grouped and its not considered stereo.
someone gave me the instruction once .you click on the track 3 times to highlight it and drag it to the desired track for combined stereo and it worked and it was long proccess in a way and i forgot the process.i was wondering if theres an easy way of doing the stereo track.
what a bummer i looked in the manual no mention of stereo in the protools manual.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:50 AM

I think i gave the tip [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

-first create an empty stereo-track
-trippleclick on the track with the i-beam to select it
-while holding the shift-key, tripple-click on the second track
-change to grabber
-RIGHT-click the track and drag it to its new position on the stereo-track. (rightclicking prevents the track from being moved horizontally)

if you dont want those tracks to share the same plugins, you could make them into a sub-group

create a stero aux-return
set the INPUT of that track to an emty bus (lets assume 3&4)
set the output of the 2 tracks to be combined to that same bus (3&4)

now if you want to treat them seperatly, put the plugin on the original track. If you want the effect to be combined, put it on the aux-return.

Bastiaan
Old 09-02-2002, 03:13 AM

BASTIAAN,IT WAS YOU.ok thanks again man.i looked in the manual extensively either its not there or i might have missed it.

i appriciate your posting it second time.btw,is there a shorter or an easier way?may be not ha?

anyways .thanks again chief.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:16 AM

If you do this for the first time, it is a bit long. But in my view its all quite logical, so it should be that hard... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just select the track, throw in another track, and drag to its new location.

Maybe it IS an idea for a future update....they do have the "split selected to mono" in the file-menu. They could make another one called "combine selected to stereo..."

Bastiaan
Old 09-02-2002, 03:59 AM

YES YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT BASTIAAN.
it's just that i am used to samplitude v6 and man you can create a stereo with a push of a button,which is called the (LINK).IT all depends on how easy your life is so you could go on making music instaed of electronics engineering.

btw,you can download the samplitude v6 full working version for 90day trial.than you'll know what i mean by great multitrack.an awsome software.i like the digi interface and the sound i might go tommorrow with the hd setup if i didnt keep the digi 001.tommoroow is my last day to make a decision.

it remains to be seen.