Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2004, 06:06 PM

Default plug-in input

Hi,

So, I've been looking everywhere, but can't seem to find info on this:

The "plug-in" option in the Track input pulldown. There's the usual "interface" and "bus", but then there's a greyed-out "plug-in" option as well. It looks tantalizingly like a much simpler way to record output of a plug-in or instrument onto a separate track, but I can't seem to find any info on this. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

benny rietveld
[email protected]
PT 6.7, HD2, Mac OS 10.3.5
Old 11-16-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: plug-in input

Hello!
Let me try this one! Hint - A couple of minutes reading the Reference guide can be awesome, sometimes!
Try to create an AUX track, and insert the desired Plug-in in the "inserts" section of this track. Route the output of this AUX to an Audio track via BUS. Remember that, using this way, you will be recording the audio mixed up with the plug-in effect.
Or you can just create an Audio Track, insert the desired plug-in in the "inserts" section and record! By doing this way, you will be listening to the plug in, but it´s effect is not being recorded...

I hope this can help!
[]´s - The Host
Old 11-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Avid

Default Re: plug-in input

Quote:
Hi,

So, I've been looking everywhere, but can't seem to find info on this:

The "plug-in" option in the Track input pulldown. There's the usual "interface" and "bus", but then there's a greyed-out "plug-in" option as well. It looks tantalizingly like a much simpler way to record output of a plug-in or instrument onto a separate track, but I can't seem to find any info on this. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but any help would be much appreciated.

The greyed-out plug-in choice refers to new functionality in PT 6.7. Pro Tools now allows multiple-outputs of supported instrument plug-ins (Battery 2) to be assigned as inputs across tracks without having to add an instance of the instrument plug-in on each track.

Very cool! Read up on it!

Cheers,

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."