How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2023, 06:03 PM

Default Artist/MC Control only working connect via Ethernet Switch

So just another
data point for the long unsupported Artist/MC Control. Was trying to troubleshoot another issue. I'm having in digital performer, and in the process tried to plug my MC Control (latest firmware) directly into the back of my Mac Studio instead of to an ethernet switch, which which I normally use to connect both my MC Control and MC Mix units to my Mac Studio.

So, for the life of me, when I connect the MC Control directly to the Mac Studio, it cannot make a reliable connection. However, connecting it through the ethernet switch works fine. Very strange. I've given up trying to connect directly during my Mac Studio for this troubleshooting for now. I don't know why connecting directly doesn't work. I haven't tried switching back to a fixed IP address on the MC control, but was thinking of giving that a shot at some point. I'm not hopeful. "If it's not broke, don't fix it." I guess I'll just keep it connected via the switch.