Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-27-2015, 01:29 PM

Default S3 + EUCON + Yosemite

Hello all.

First, I do understand that the s3 is not fully blessed for 10.10 yet, hence why I am posting here as opposed to speaking directly to Avid.

I have the s3 connected and configured. It's working perfectly with Pro Tools as a control surface.

The issue that I am running into is that the S3 seems to lock out the other Ethernet adapters on the Mac Pro. No matter which Ethernet port I use (onboard 1, onboard 2 or an Ethernet to thunderbolt adapter). Once the S3 is connected the other ethernet adapters show "cable unplugged". I can get the thunderbolt -> ethernet adapter to come back by unplugging it and disabling/enabling the adapter.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:59 PM

Default Re: S3 + EUCON + Yosemite

Have you tried using a network switch ?

Avid S3
Artist Transport
Pro Tools HD 12
UAD Apollo 8P
Audient ASP 880
Mac Pro TrashCan
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB ram
Adams A77x
UAD Quad Thunderbolt Satellite
Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrie View Post
Have you tried using a network switch ?
I have not. The issue with using a switch is that the two other networks that this machine connects to are both static IP networks. I don't see a way to make the s3 use anything except for DHCP unless I missing something.

Unless you are suggesting that I use a switch and only put the Mac Pro and the S3 on it using DHCP? I'll give that a shot.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 AM

Update:

I tried using both a managed and unmanaged switch and no luck. It seems like now matter how I connect the S3 to the Mac Pro as soon as EUControl connects to the S3 it kills the other ethernet connections.

The work around for now is to use Thunderbolt -> Ethernet adapters for the other networks (everything but the S3). By disabling the connection, unplugging the adapter, plugging the adapter back in and then re-enabling the connection I can get the connections to come back.

Kind of a drag but I do get the the S3 is not supported on 10.10 at this time. Hopefully Avid gets an update out soon.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:01 AM

Update in case someone has the same issue and runs across this thread - everything has sort of magically started working correctly. I don't know if maybe it was the 20th reboot that finally did it but everything is playing nicely now, no more network issues.

The S3 seems to be a little picky about how things are booted up, how long after a complete boot you wait until starting the EUControl software, etc but so far so good.