Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM

Default Pro-Tools 12 and Windows 10 CPU issue

I have installed Pro-Tools on one machine running Windows 10 successfully with only 6GB of RAM and it works with my iLoK fine. However, I want to edit on another machine.

I installed on the second new machine also running windows 10 aand 16GB memory and much more HDD space and it first told me that it had a driver issue. I assume this is due to HDX but I don't use this so I carried on. Successfully installed and opened my old sessions although ran v. slowly and would not play.

Error: 'out of CPU memory' and suggest remove AAE 9173, but on inspection of 5 core processor performance utility none of the processors were running more than 10%.

I uninstalled all pro-tools then re-installed fully! ... same issue
I tried admin rights and other optimisations (e.g reduce screen resolution to that of old machine HD 1080, but no change.
However on one occasion I got an error that complained about the Elastic Audio plug in. Which I aim to use.

What can I do move on please, any suggestions welcome
Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools 12 and Windows 10 CPU issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryfosterraz View Post
I have installed Pro-Tools on one machine running Windows 10 successfully with only 6GB of RAM and it works with my iLoK fine. However, I want to edit on another machine.

I installed on the second new machine also running windows 10 aand 16GB memory and much more HDD space and it first told me that it had a driver issue. I assume this is due to HDX but I don't use this so I carried on. Successfully installed and opened my old sessions although ran v. slowly and would not play.

Error: 'out of CPU memory' and suggest remove AAE 9173, but on inspection of 5 core processor performance utility none of the processors were running more than 10%.

I uninstalled all pro-tools then re-installed fully! ... same issue
I tried admin rights and other optimisations (e.g reduce screen resolution to that of old machine HD 1080, but no change.
However on one occasion I got an error that complained about the Elastic Audio plug in. Which I aim to use.

What can I do move on please, any suggestions welcome
Have you done the necessary optimizations? Check the 'Help Us Help You' link at the top of this page. You need to post all your system details before anyone can offer any real help. A Sandra report would help tremendously.