Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Default Lost drivers for Mbox 1

Hello all. I bought an Mbox 1 in 2006. I had a house fire destroy my computer but the Mbox survived. I don't have any of the drivers to load it on to my new computer. How or where do I find them? I sent Avid an email, but haven't heard anything.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Lost drivers for Mbox 1

Have you been to this page?
https://archive.digidesign.com/download/mbox/

Or this one?
https://archive.digidesign.com/downl...diodrivers/xp/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-04-2018, 10:05 AM

IIRC, the drivers are part of Pro Tools LE and the original Mbox 1 is only good to PT LE 8.0.1, which is way old. Windows XP in my case.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-04-2018, 03:38 PM

The older the Mbox the older the drivers you have to use. I have an old mobile pre that works fine with 18.4 and win7 but only with the oe driver. So no matter what you try , remember if It doesn't work you can go with an older driver also.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:59 PM

The "drivers" to use Pro Tools LE with the Mbox are part of the PT LE install. As Top Jimmy posted above, the ASIO and Wavedriver installs allow third party programs to use the Mbox. The link only refers to PT LE 7. I'm not sure any driver he can find will work with any Windows OS past XP. That said, Windows 10 does have compatibility settings which may allow them to work, but that's debatable. Almost 100% sure Pro Tools isn't going to work. What would be an interesting experiment would be to load the ASIO driver - if it will indeed install - and then try to get a current version of Pro Tools to use the Mbox through the ASIO driver. Then again, there are a lot of inexpensive interfaces out today that are (way) better than the original Mbox.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-04-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
The "drivers" to use Pro Tools LE with the Mbox are part of the PT LE install. As Top Jimmy posted above, the ASIO and Wavedriver installs allow third party programs to use the Mbox. The link only refers to PT LE 7. I'm not sure any driver he can find will work with any Windows OS past XP. That said, Windows 10 does have compatibility settings which may allow them to work, but that's debatable. Almost 100% sure Pro Tools isn't going to work. What would be an interesting experiment would be to load the ASIO driver - if it will indeed install - and then try to get a current version of Pro Tools to use the Mbox through the ASIO driver. Then again, there are a lot of inexpensive interfaces out today that are (way) better than the original Mbox.
I did not know that, my MobilePre came with a Driver installation disc and a PT 8 LE disc separately. I couldn't find the disc when I was setting up my second laptop and just downloaded a copy from AVID that worked fine(as I said , the oldest version). That was Win7 and PT 12.1 Native