Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Fades on Multiple Regions get Deleted after Tempo Change

Hi - I use Pro Tools version 7.3.1 CS 5 on a PPC G5 Dual 2.3 GHZ running an HD|3

Today I made an awkward discovery after having used beat detective on a stereo 2 bar drum loop. I do this rather seldom so I have not had this situation before today.

I had chopped the loop into about 16 separate hits and on about half of them I applied fades to get some tightness and sort out the non-zero crossings. I used NO x-fades.

After doing this I set the time base to ticks on the stereo audio track. The original tempo was 89 bpm. I set the tempo manually to 85 and everything sounded perfect - even at tempo 45... Now I changed the tempo in the other direction. To 98 bpm. Everything started to sound weird and : Many of the hits were only played to 50% sounding chopped off - mostly at the beginning of the hits. So I hit undo tempo change. And PT reverted to 89 bpm. My regions were now officially missing more than 60% of the fade files that I had carefully created and that even after hitting UNDO...

Now I do understand that making the tempo faster will create some overlapping - specially when the regions are lying almost perfectly close - but what I do NOT understand is why PT does NOT revert to fades after hitting undo or setting the tempo back to original 89. IMO - if I am understanding the concept right PT should NOT delete the fade files when I increase the tempo. And hitting UNDO should MOST definitely restore what was there before changing the tempo...

Any advice or comments are most welcome